I need some help with my RadioShack Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

beavis42010

Is there anyone out there that can assist me in programing my RS pro-97 scanner? Buying software is not on option for me, Hopefully someone in Ohio has the same scanner, and is willing to share with me.

beavis42010

I have the cable, and freeware, the program only reads the scanner memory it does not write. It came already pre-programmed from the store, it was a demo model I think. The Parma 800mhz was not correctly programmed it is missing a channel, so I miss out on a transmission sometimes. I have tried manually programming it, and I think I made it worse. It would be great to be able to program every major frequency in my surrounding counties, the thing has 1000 channels. If someone can assist me in getting my computer to program the scanner I would return the favor somehow.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The whole thing can be programmed manually. When I got my '97 I already had several other scanners. I spent a lot of time to figure out how I wanted to program my '97 and stored that in a TXT file. I programmed nearly all 1000 frequencies and over 300 talkgroups, all with alpha tags and it took one full week. I just wanted to do it and find out how long it would take.

Now I suspect you don't need the scanner full of stuff, and only want to monitor certain things. So if you could identify that, perhaps we can help you better. Welcome to RadioReference.com!!!!

beavis42010

I would like to program it for everything in cuyahoga county, cabs, bus, trains, public utilities, police, fire, etc. and all fire,police, etc for surrounding counties in ohio. I'm not dumb, I have a ham Technician license, I just do not have the patients to sit down for several days pushing buttons.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
what side of town?

East side or West side. I could list a hold bunch of stuff for you but it's all in the data base and very accurate. Pama is a little tricky search for past Parma-25 posts it was helpful to me. For cabs program 152.300 & 152.330 thats yellow cab. Hard to here the mobil depending on where you are but I hers some funny stuff on that ch. Good Luck and welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.