ohio marcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
700mhz frequencys are being installed in many n.e.ohio towers and i did talk to a motorola rep working on ohio marcs and was told when all is complete re-doing the system it will be a phase-2 system so you hope a phase-2 scanner will happen soon.he said only a hand full of the phase-2 sysyems are up and running at this time.so get ready to sell your scanners if you want to monitor marcs when all work is complete.

marcs

re-doing the system.
marcs is adding 700mhz to ne ohio for more channels to be used at the towers with more people going on marcs.i was told northeast ohio will be 700mhz.and the system will be phase-2 thats from a motorola man.thats all i know for now just keep your eyes&ears open for more info.
thanks dave

ctpd845

Feed Provider
re-doing the system.
marcs is adding 700mhz to ne ohio for more channels to be used at the towers with more people going on marcs.i was told northeast ohio will be 700mhz.and the system will be phase-2 thats from a motorola man.thats all i know for now just keep your eyes&ears open for more info.
thanks dave

By saying "re-doing" do you mean rebanding. Rebanding has nothing to do with upgrading the system, which MARCS would have to be upgraded because phase 2 is a type of P25 system, which MARCS isn't even a phase 1 P25 system, it is a Motorola Type II system. With the current fiscal situation the state is in I wouldn't look for MARCS becoming a Phase 1 P25 system anytime soon, let alone a Phase 2 P25 system.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Don't Panic

700mhz frequencys are being installed in many n.e.ohio towers and i did talk to a motorola rep working on ohio marcs and was told when all is complete re-doing the system it will be a phase-2 system so you hope a phase-2 scanner will happen soon.he said only a hand full of the phase-2 sysyems are up and running at this time.so get ready to sell your scanners if you want to monitor marcs when all work is complete.

Nothing like a little misplaced panic to brighten everybody's day and start misinformation spewing all over the internet.

In reality, there's no need to panic.

MARCS certainly will be Phase II capable; however, there are thousands and thousands of nearly new Phase I-only P25 capable radios on the system right now, and those radios are good for many years service. As long as they're out there, you're not going to see any talkgroups they use going Phase II. Don't expect too many agencies to incur the expense for Phase II radios until they absolutely have to, either, especially in today's budget climate.

marcs

this info came from a motorola tec working on the marcs system.they are installing 700mhz at mayfield village fire.he said when the system is redone it would be a phase-2 system.so dont shoot me for the info.not sure if its rebanding or what you would call it.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Did he say when it would be done, or when it would go live?

no just adding the 700mhz at mayfield village at this time i forgot to ask him that info.he said n.e.ohio will be all 700mhz for marcs.if i get to talk to him i'll try and get more info from him.the antennas for 700mhz are on the tower now just installing the radio repeaters at this time.

theblueone

Ok, lets set the record straight the NE Ohio project is not a 700 MHz project. It is a 7.x zone controller that is being added to the Ohio MARCS system. This was purchased with PSIC grant funds. The zone controller is located in Lake county and tied back to the Ohio SOC. All legacy MARCS radio equipment will be functional. This merely upgrades the tower equipment and controller in that area. The idea is to bring MARCS up to date gradually at this time section by section.

marcs

i'm not sure when i can get more info to what the 700mhz will do for northeast ohio i sure will post the info.
thanks dave

marcs

i'm not sure if anayones scanner will work when the state is done??????
the motorola guy said phase-2 and i dont know of a scanner for phase-2 yet being sold.i'm not going to buy a new scanner yet i use a radio shack pro-2096 for now and looking to see what happens to marcs first.keep your shirt on and i'm sure i'll be talking to the motorola tec again.i'm sorry everyone does not like this new info and changes for marcs.i can only tell what i hear and post the info here.thanks dave

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You're still panicking; please don't...

i'm not sure if anayones scanner will work when the state is done??????
the motorola guy said phase-2 and i dont know of a scanner for phase-2 yet being sold.i'm not going to buy a new scanner yet i use a radio shack pro-2096 for now and looking to see what happens to marcs first.keep your shirt on and i'm sure i'll be talking to the motorola tec again.i'm sorry everyone does not like this new info and changes for marcs.i can only tell what i hear and post the info here.thanks dave

...you're scaring the others.

I'll refer you back to my first post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ohio-radio-discussion-forum/188666-ohio-marcs.html#post1367236

...and add that yes, 700 MHz frequencies are to be used, and repeat once again that the system will certainly be Phase II capable, but it will not be only Phase II. The dual-mode system is smart enough to know when non-Phase II radios (of which there are thousands) are in use and transmit accordingly, using Phase I. It's called Dynamic Dual Mode.

You're jumping to conclusions and panicking based on partial information from a tech who only has part of the story. Please chill out and don't worry about it; there will eventually be a Phase II scanner, and there's still other stuff to listen to out there.

budevans

Here are Paul Mayer's comments from the Yahoo Northeast Ohio Scanner group.

On Jul 18, 2010 8:03 PM, "Mayer, Paul"

<paul.mayer@ohio.gov<mailto:paul.mayer%40ohio.gov>> wrote:

This is Phase 1 of the new Cuyahoga County Public Safety Communication System.

MARCS is partnering with the Cuyahoga County Commissioners to build a system available to all Public Safety agencies and will provide a level of interoperability the county has never had before.

There will be at least 8 more tower sites central and west and some more frequencies to accommodate more users.

It will have a direct link to both Ohio MARCS and the Lake County system and eventually will provide seemless roaming statewide.

Paul Mayer

MARCS Program Office

Additional comments:
Jerry - It will be a multi-site simulcast, similar to
MARCS-Columbus.

One system for Pubic Safety Project 25 is 9600 baud

Obviously the RF coverage will be there but the City of Cleveland is not part of this project.

Paul Mayer

MARCS Program Office

Last edited:

dan4279

no title

do andybody know than cuyahoga westshore ohio going to the MARCS system

Status
Not open for further replies.