Parma Heights Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowes1

I am confused about the type of system that the Parma Heights Police are using. Identifying number 1554 comes up when I am scanning the Parma P25 system with only digital noise being heard and yet the police sergeant who supposedly is in charge of the Parma Heights system has told me that the police are using a Pro Voice system. Would it be consistent for any digital information to appear (i.e. 1554) when scanning the P25 system if the proprietary Pro Voice system is being used?

I might add that the above-noted sergeant was extremely rude during our phone conversation and never gave me a reason why Parma Heights Police are using the Pro Voice system. He noted various arguments for police radios not being in the clear but said none of these reasons were the basis for the Parma Heights decision. I have asked other officers as to whether the Parma Heights mayor has the right to hear police communications and was told that he would be told through proper channels on a need to know basis or could purchase a $5,000.00 radio for himself.

There are already laws on the books regarding misuse of scanners or other tools for criminal purposes and the above-noted police attitude is just another attempt to block a citizen's right to know what is occurring in his or her community. Having a running scanner in a police radio room or commander's office is a rapid way of knowing of what is occurring in one of the multiple municipalities in Cuyahoga County. Going encrypted is even a disservice to the officers in the affected community who may need help from other jurisdictions.

OHIOSCAN

Your wasting your breath talking to the PHPD about their communications, 90% of law enforcement don't know anything about there radios and very few believe the taxpayers have any right to monitor there radios. Either they get or the don't and talking to them is useless, the growth of smart phone streaming will just expedite the use of ENC. Since P.Hts is such a target for Al-Qaeda they really need to keep the communications top secret. Since 911 every dept has dreamed up all sorts of ways to get block grants for ENC radios, SRT and other gadgets some needed some not. That's how our government does things, find a bogey man and use it as an excsuse to grab taxpayer money. I am not say the public has a right to hear everything but there are better things the PD's could be spending our tax dollars on. Cites like NY and LA probable do need this stuff because they are more likely to get hit. But alot of money is being pissed away in places that could probable use tornado sirens instead of 50 million dollar digital TRS. Your only real choice is to vote against every tax proposal and maybe they will need to set better priorities. Let your mayor and city council know how you feel,

yep even middleburg heights police are 24\7 ENC to they can do a good job.i did here strongsville police when they change over to digital also will be 24\7 ENC.so next question is when is parma police and brooklyn police going ENC next? the world will never know lol

CVPI4Ever

Your wasting your breath talking to the PHPD about their communications, 90% of law enforcement don't know anything about there radios and very few believe the taxpayers have any right to monitor there radios. Either they get or the don't and talking to them is useless, the growth of smart phone streaming will just expedite the use of ENC. Since P.Hts is such a target for Al-Qaeda they really need to keep the communications top secret. Since 911 every dept has dreamed up all sorts of ways to get block grants for ENC radios, SRT and other gadgets some needed some not. That's how our government does things, find a bogey man and use it as an excsuse to grab taxpayer money. I am not say the public has a right to hear everything but there are better things the PD's could be spending our tax dollars on. Cites like NY and LA probable do need this stuff because they are more likely to get hit. But alot of money is being pissed away in places that could probable use tornado sirens instead of 50 million dollar digital TRS. Your only real choice is to vote against every tax proposal and maybe they will need to set better priorities. Let your mayor and city council know how you feel,

Well said! Most LEO's dont know alot about the equipment issued to them. They get a crash course or cliffs notes in how to use it, its issued and they use it. I found most dont know jack about the cruisers they drive.

a388sig2

You still have dispatchers instinctively reading off the old analog call sign on MARCS. Most officers are told how to turn on, turn off and change the channel on a radio. Most have no clue that they even have things like LEERN, stateband, and neighboring departments dialed into their radio. There's such a huge push nationwide for interoperability, but it's such a waste, especially here where every town and village wants their own fiefdom, and would rather wall off the city border than talk to their neighbor.

StereoScout

During this evening's flooding event Parma Heights Police were using Talkgroup 1553 and they did call it their TAC 3 channel. I submitted it. Thank you.

budevans

Brooklyn, Parma & Metro Parks....Parma Hts??

Actually Brooklyn PD cars were using TG 1553.

I agree. The flooding was from the Big Creek that normally flows under Brookpark Road just east of Tiedeman Road. The flooding area included the SAM's Club and Walmart store.

That area is Parma on the south side of Brookpark Road and Brooklyn on the North. The Metro Parks Rangers were there also (monitored them on the MARCS system). As were Fire/Rescue units from Brooklyn and Parma.

Multiple cars became swamped on Brookpark road, the occupants had to be rescued.

FYI: I wasn't monitoring the RID's, it's possible that Parma Hts. could have been there providing mutual aid.

SCPD

QRT
All the TG 1553 RIDs I logged were Brooklyn units and the regular Parma Regional Dispatchers.

BTW the news media web site reporters have no geographical concept. Close is good enough I guess even when it's not close. :)

SCPD

QRT
I've hear/seen Parma PD use TG 1553 also, There is also a Parma Hts PD TAC TG on GCRCN. But I got no hits on it recently.

Parma Heights and Brooklyn police

monitor talkgroup 529 its for PHPD Dispatch and Brooklyn Police Dispatch i monitor them everyday

budevans

I've hear/seen Parma PD use TG 1553 also, There is also a Parma Hts PD TAC TG on GCRCN. But I got no hits on it recently.

The short version.

Parma Hts. and Brooklyn started out on the Parma Harris P25 system. They weren't pleased with the performance and both moved to the GCRCN system.

The county stepped in and made then go back to the Parma system. It was all driven by the States 911 regionalization and consolidation of dispatch centers. If they stayed with GCRCN, they'd lose their subsidized funding.

Brooklyn Fire does use their fireground on GCRCN and its Called FGN-7 and i know Parma Heights Fire also uses their FGN-1 on Cleveland calls it FGN-6

Status
Not open for further replies.