New MARCS license (Chillicothe / Ross)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
MARCS license for a new site in Chillicothe (Ross County)

WQOW289
650 EASTERN AVE
CHILLICOTHE, OH
ROSS COUNTY

Different location, different frequencies, new license. I know there is already a Chillicothe site, but this one appears to be different / new.

Mike

This site is going to be planted behind the ODOT district garage in Chillicothe. ODOT at one time (until a year ago or so) had a 250' tower at the same location. Not exactly the best site for long range coverage, but by the sound of it the plan for this site isn't for range, rumor is they are building this site to help with in-building coverage/extra system usage capacity in and around the City of Chillicothe. Not to mention the site is going on state owned land.

Last edited:
Tower is up and the antennas are mounted... I am guessing at this point, all that needs done is for the T1s to be installed and base stations to be racked up this site will be online rather soon.

This site is finally online. According to my portable anyways... The site alias is "CHILI", the other site that used to have the alias CHILI is now "P-VALY" for Pleasant Valley.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This site is finally online. According to my portable anyways... The site alias is "CHILI", the other site that used to have the alias CHILI is now "P-VALY" for Pleasant Valley.

Ok. So what you are reporting as CHILI is the new licensed freuqencies listed above? You said "on your portable" - I'm having a brain fart, but you aren't using a scanner to monitor, right? If you do have a scanner to monitor, could you get the primary control channel andd site ID and Zone?

And if you have a means to run a trunking program can you get the site ID, Zone, primary and at cc's, and neighbors?

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Incidentally, the RRDB has reflected the Pleasant Valley site as having a Site Alias of P-VALY for some time.

Ok, just to be clear, you're saying:

Code:
712D  028  Londonderry      Ross  LONDRY   866.7625 867.5500 868.0500 868.4125 868.8000
712D  029  Pleasant Valley  Ross  P-VALY   866.6125 866.8750 867.3000 867.6000 868.0750
712D  030  Bainbridge       Ross  BAINBG   866.9875 867.9250 868.3125 868.7250

712D  xxx  Chillicothe      Ross  CHILI    866.2000 866.7250 867.4625 867.9625

* I renamed the old Chillicothe site to Pleasant Valley

So we need at least a Site ID as soon as you [or another reader] is able to ascertain. And at least the primary control channel would be helpful.

Thanks, Justin!

Mike

Last edited:
Sorry, the site alias is actually "CHILLI" (two L's), I didn't read my radio correctly... lol

I do not have a scanner mobile, only a radio on the system so my info is limited.

I believe the site number was 28. I will verify that tomorrow...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry, the site alias is actually "CHILLI" (two L's), I didn't read my radio correctly... lol

I do not have a scanner mobile, only a radio on the system so my info is limited.

I believe the site number was 28. I will verify that tomorrow...

Hmm, if this site does turn out to be 712D - 28, then some other sites are going to need re-investigated to determine their site IDs. In the RRDB, Londonderry is Site iD 28. So if it turns out that CHILLI is now Site ID 28, that means Londonderry is something else now.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

P-VALY has always been the alias of the previously existing site, every time I've monitored it since the beginning (like, nearly every day). If it was changed to CHILI in the database it wasn't correct.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
P-VALY has always been the alias of the previously existing site, every time I've monitored it since the beginning (like, nearly every day). If it was changed to CHILI in the database it wasn't correct.

Are you able to hear CHILLI direct? If not, if you get a chance run a trunker on P-VALY to get the site neighbors / their CCs. Chillicothe is likely going to be a neighbor of it, so we'd at least know the primary CC / Site ID for CHILLI.

- M

Status
Not open for further replies.