munroe falls radio grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

STUBBLEFIELD

so it was in the stow sentry that the city has recieved a grant for $108,000 for new 800 digital radios anyone heard and news on this yet . does this mean tallmadge will not dispacth any longer . for them and what type of portables are they looking at

FPO703

There are rumors floating that all members from the 'TriComm' region (Tallmadge, Munroe Falls, and Mogadore), Stow, and possibly those on the current South Summit County TRS will be joining the Summit County/City of Akron TRS.

TriComm was testing in-building coverage a few months ago with portables and only found a few dead spots.

Only time will tell what actually happens.

FPO703

700 MHz is still in the EARLY EARLY EARLY stages of having any systems on it.

Don't expect to see any of those systems in Ohio in our lifetime. lol

mmartinfan

Banned
FPO703 said:
700 MHz is still in the EARLY EARLY EARLY stages of having any systems on it.

Don't expect to see any of those systems in Ohio in our lifetime. lol

Ok lets go with something tried and true.

Cobra CB radios!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 channels to choose from. Pick a channel to use for the day, put an amp in each car/truck and bingo cheap way to do it. Hazard County did it and look where they are now!

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
I hope that stow and munore falls and tallmadge don't join the summit akron system because the digital audio is so bad it sounds like them talking underwater. I hope they go on the analog south county system.

FPO703

Digital Audio does NOT sound like they are talking underwater. IF it does, either there's something wrong with your hearing or your radio.

It sounds just fine to me on my PRO-96. Only time there is anything that's garbled is when the signal from the repeater is marginal or the person transmitting into the system is in a bad spot and doesn't have a good signal into the system.

Audio

Guess I better get my radios fixed and my hearing checked.

I will have the Help Desk speak to you, Scott, when my cruiser goes in to have those radios fixed as well.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Suppsedly first quarter of 2006.

and Munroe Falls approved extending dispatch service contract with Tallmadge for another 5 years.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
STUBBLEFIELD said:
how do u know they did this

We have ways of finding these things out.....

A lot of this information can be had simply by reading a newspaper or watching local news. In other cases, people know people who know things.

Tom WA8PYR

FPO703

wa8pyr said:
We have ways of finding these things out.....

A lot of this information can be had simply by reading a newspaper or watching local news. In other cases, people know people who know things.

Tom WA8PYR

*grin* Thanks, Tom.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Multiple newspaper articles in last few weeks .. doing some interpolating .. TRI-Comm move to 800 is imminent. Plus add in some inside information .. I stand by my crystal ball prediction.

16b

Premium Subscriber
wa8pyr said:
In other cases, people know people who know things.
In my experience, this seems to be the most popular way of finding things out in the scanning hobby. There are many people that are either "on the inside" or at least know someone "on the inside" here in Ohio.

The problem with most news articles is that they are written in 5-year-old speak when it comes to talking about radios and radio systems.

STUBBLEFIELD

in the news again

it was in the stow sentry that the city was authorized to purchase radio's but willon start using them till tallmagde switches so how long till they start using the raios one year year or two lol

Status
Not open for further replies.