Cambridge OH PD -- digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
We had some enhanced propagation out toward the west tonight [heard some Franklin Co LTR freqs and some other Muskingum area freqs].

At any rate, on 154.755 I was hearing fully encrypted P25 traffic with a NAC of 293. A buddy of mine recently reported to me that he had heard one-way clear comms on 154.755 and the other side encrypted and he felt it was Cambridge.

Can anyone confirm/deny that Cambridge PD has switched to P25 on 154.755? If yes, is it full time P25? full time encrypted? Or analog most of the time and only P25 encrypted when they need privacy?

mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Further reports from my friend is that he can verify that Cambridge PD is at least part time digital. Monitoring 154.755 on an analog radio, he often hears the mobiles in the clear and the base digital. Since he is not using a digital scanner he is unable to tell if the base is encrypted at the time.

What i heard last night seemed to be two-way P25 encrypted. So I don't know if I was hearing Cambridge PD (I'm pretty sure I was), and I don't know if they are still mixing clear analog / P25 digital or how often they use encryption.

I'm not going to update the database at all until I hear from somebody in the Cambridge vicinity who can verify the PD's methods of madness regarding when they use analog, when they use digital, and when they use digital encrypted.

Mike

I do live inside the area. I only have a analog scanner due to the fact a lot of the agencies in the area are only analog. Myself would like to know whats going on. Sometimes I can hear PD perfect, base and mobiles. Then other times is all jibberish. Not knowing much about this P25 stuff, nor digital. I was wondering if its time to upgrade to continue to hear local agencies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I do live inside the area. I only have a analog scanner due to the fact a lot of the agencies in the area are only analog. Myself would like to know whats going on. Sometimes I can hear PD perfect, base and mobiles. Then other times is all jibberish. Not knowing much about this P25 stuff, nor digital. I was wondering if its time to upgrade to continue to hear local agencies.

Even if you did upgrade, you may not be able to copy Cambridge PD.

Tonight I've been hearing what I think is Cambridge PD. If so, it was P25, NAC 293, full encryption. So, even with a digital scanner, you would not be able to copy what they are saying.

I really wish somebody could provide a definite confirmation as to whether or not this is Cambridge. I'm inclined to believe it is, but that isn't enough for me to change the RRDB to indicate such.

Mike

phask

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - I have a Uniden Home Patrol - just tried to do a favorote list for Guernsey Co. and got no local PD.

Have not really dug into it just thought I'd throw it out there.

I don't regularly listen to Cambridge, in Zanesville and can with no problem. Just thought I'd see if I could find out anything on this.

I do have some others I can manually program.

Status
Not open for further replies.