North Royalton PD silence on talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkats1990

I have heard the news that North Royalton pd is full enc now but I been monitoing the tg 34160 and I hear nothing but silence shouldnt I atleast hear enc on that tg??

yea thats the one 100% ENCRYPED got to love it like Middleburg heights and strongsville need dispatch done that way Parma Heights was ENCRYPED but moved to the open mode and did ENCRYPED the tactical talkgroups.

gkats1990

With the parma heights tactical tg I have atleast heard enc activity on the tg. With North Royalton I hear silence. That's what I don't understand lol

all police dispatch

I feel all police dispatch should be in the clear and ENCRYPED tacs are ok i think thats why Parma Heights changed into the clear.Do not understand why North Royalton,Middleburg,Strongsville police need to be ENCRYPED?

StereoScout

Do not understand why North Royalton,Middleburg,Strongsville police need to be ENCRYPED?

I was in a Middleburgh Hts restaurant a couple years ago when some city officials over heard their police transmissions coming from someone's iPhone. They were appalled. Two years later the police transmissions were encrypted. I asked one of the them in a subsequent visit if this was the reason why they encrypted and they said yes.

scanners

i would like to see that stoped if you want to monitor buy a scanner like most of us have and that would of NOT happen?

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
i would like to see that stoped if you want to monitor buy a scanner like most of us have and that would of NOT happen?

I love my live feed. I am on the road a lot and it allows me to keep in touch as to what is going on back on my block. However, I have thought about hosting it myself online and giving it a password so only myself and a few select few would be able to monitor it. The only reason I haven't done that is because I am receiving RR for free while I let them host my feed. Now or as of Jan 17th I will not be receiving that perk due to the switch over to Broadcastify.com taking it over. BTW, I do own about 6 scanners and a live feed so I have bought my share into the hobby!

gkats1990

I have a pro-106 i heard gre family of scanners cant track enc talkgroups. Is this correct?

lowes1

lowes1

For all of you living in encrypted communities that are unhappy with this situation, contact your mayor and council people and register your complaints. I am not saying that anything will change but most officials will at least listen. My community is no longer encrypted on the main police channel.

Just three days ago, I heard scanner traffic regarding a house break in just two houses away. The next morning, I found a pair of gloves on my front lawn which could have been used in this burglary. I notified the police and they came and took the possible evidence.

With scanner monitoring, ordinary citizens can become the eyes and ears of the police. Remember that the police are serving you the citizens and you have a right to speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.