Greater Youngstown Monitoring Association Meeting 2/9/2013 6pm-9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
If anyone is in the Youngstown, Ohio area and is interested, the Greater Youngstown Monitoring Association, or GYMA for short, WinterScan 2013 is Saturday 2/9/2013. Members and anyone interested in the scanner hobby in and around the Youngstown area are welcome. Bring a dish to share. Setup and social time starts at 6pm with dinner at 7pm. If you own a scanner, please feel free to bring it to show on our display table. The get together will be at the Boardman United Methodist Church at 6809 Market St Boardman, OH 44512. Amateur radio operators can CQ KC8NLW (our club's call sign) on the W8QLY repeater (146.745) Hope to see you there!

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
Here is a shot of some of the scanners brought for the WinterScan 2013 radio display. All of the radios in this picture belong to me.

Attachments

• WinterScan2013.jpg
    WinterScan2013.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 607

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I see at least one very old radio. The MacDonald on the far left side, second from the top. That's the first scanner I remember my parents having, bought sometime in the late 1970s. It still sits at my dad's workbench and gets the few local channels that it can.

For those that don't know, this radio had slots for 16 crystals (8 UHF, 8 VHF). You could select either the top or bottom crystal in each of the 8 switches. That's right. One 8 frequencies could be monitored at a time!

If you wanted to listen to something new, you didn't program it in. You made a trip to the local radio shop (Radio Shack included) and bought the crystal for that frequency.

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
The next meeting of the Greater Youngstown Monitoring Association will be Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 7pm at the Boardman United Methodist Church at 6809 Market St in Youngstown, OH 44512. Everyone is welcome. Bring your radios and a couple bucks for pizza. Hope to see you there!

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
Hi Harold! We meet the second Saturday of each odd month in Boardman, Ohio. Even months we usually plan some type of fun activity/social event. We would love to have you make it to one of our meetings sometime!

KR0SIV

At this location correct? Boardman United Methodist Church at 6809 Market St in Youngstown, OH 44512.

I'm certainly interested, do you guys do any satcom monitoring by chance?

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
That is the correct location. I don't know of anyone in the group that monitors satcomm but maybe there is and I just don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.