Summit County Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

85chevy4x4

I noticed around 2 weeks ago that the database showed the Summit County System was updated, on the database page it had all the control frequencies highlighted as being updated within the past 24 hours. However i saw that all the frequencies were still the same. This was all after the rebanding which took me a while to figure out, after i reprogrammed the control channels for rebanding it was fine for a few weeks. Anyhow, after it showed the frequencies were updated but showed them all the same as post rebanding my scanner hardly picks up anything now, its very sporadic. Often a talkgroup will light up, but no audio will come through. I have tried using the ATT feature but it does not help. I'm wondering if maybe something else on the trunked system was changed and that's causing my issues? the MARCS, Bath P25 and Richfield systems are all loud and clear. Also I'm using a Pro-106 Scanner.

SCPD

QRT
The current control frequency after rebanding is 857.9625 which is working for me off the Twinsburg tower at this time.

Nasby

You have to use the custom table setting for the rebanded Summit System to work properly.

I had the exact same problem you are describing. The custom tables setting fixed it.

If you have WIN500, just download the system and WIN500 will do it all for you.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Do you know how I would set up the custom tables manually?
See the instructions on the lower section of this Wiki page.

Press Man to stop scanning, then step through scanlists (the left & right arrows) and objects (TSYS, CONV, or TGRP, using the Up & Down arrows on the keypad) until you find the system you need to update, then start at Step 1 of the procedure.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Would this be the correct Custom Table set up. I have used this for a few others just like this one. But you tell me.

Lower is 851.0250 / Upper is 854.0000 / Step 25.0 / Offset 440
Lower is 851.0125 / Upper is 868.9875 / Step 25.0 / Offset 440
Presuming you're talking about a Uniden scanner, your second line is off.

It should be:
Lower is 851.0250 / Upper is 854.0000 / Step 25.0 / Offset 440
Lower is 851.0125 / Upper is 868.9875 / Step 25.0 / (No offset needed).

For the GRE manufactured scanners that will accept the custom band plan, see this.

There are currently three systems shown on the rebanding Wiki page that don't follow the standard plan (this system is not listed as one of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.