Hearing one talkgroup but not the other (MARCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
Hey, It seems that the only tg that I havent heard is the village dispatch (ashtabula). I have the talkgroup correct. I have reviewed it over and over again. I have been locked onto the village dispatch and listened to southeaster ashtabula county police and heard them on his but didnt pick up anything on my scanner, even though I pick up the sheriff and that same with him. They are all on the MARCS system. Any ideas of whats going on?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey, It seems that the only tg that I havent heard is the village dispatch (ashtabula). I have the talkgroup correct. I have reviewed it over and over again. I have been locked onto the village dispatch and listened to southeaster ashtabula county police and heard them on his but didnt pick up anything on my scanner, even though I pick up the sheriff and that same with him. They are all on the MARCS system. Any ideas of whats going on?

All I can say is that just because a talkgroup is added to the DB for MARCS does not mean that the entity described as being assigned that talkgroup is actually on MARCS currently. It could be a 'future use' thing.

Mike

Nasby

If you mean the CITY of Ashtabula, they are on their own 700mhz freq. and they are self dispatched. They are not on MARCS.

I don't think there is a village of Ashtabula.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If you mean the CITY of Ashtabula, they are on their own 700mhz freq. and they are self dispatched. They are not on MARCS.

I don't think there is a village of Ashtabula.

I believe the OP was referring to TG "23120 PD04-DSP Village Police - Dispatch" which, I would say, is being / or will be used to dispatch village agencies in the county of Ashtabula.

Nasby

I re-read the OP's post and I think I read it wrong the first time.

So I'll comment that I was in Rock Creek (Ashtabula Co.) last weekend and I received a couple of transmissions on the Village T/G using my PRO-106. It was Orwell and Jefferson units. Hope that helps you out.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

There are multiple transmitter sites in Ashtabula County; it's quite possible that no one using that talkgroup is affiliated with a site near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.