BCD436HP help near Dayton!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoleman74

Hello all. I am looking for help with my new BCD436HP I just purchases at the Hamvention today!!! Really good deal to. Anyway I am new to all this digital stuff with this thing. The last scanner I had came from Radio Shack about 10 years age, and someone programmed it for me. Is there anyone close to 45403, 40404, 45431 that can physically show me how to set this up how I want it? I put my zip code in, and its working good, just some areas I really dont care about listening to. All I want to listen to is Montgomery county, Dayton EMS/PD, Riverside EMS/PD, Huber Heights EMS/PD, and a few other areas. I am willing to pay someone to help me out if need be.... I would really appreciate some help please.

Thank you

troymail

Silent Key
Best bet is to get Sentinel software (http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD536HP/BCDx36HP_Sentinel_Version_1_02_01.zip) and do your specific selections/programming there. Then, copy the programming to the radio.

You should do this anyway and make sure you have the most up-to-date library data as well.

Of course, using zip code programming can work for you as long as you set the SERVices you want to limit to first but it's likely you'll be loading more than what you want to hear.

Get Sentinel and play with it - take the time to learn it (but that won't happen in one session). That and some patience is the best option.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I am looking for help with my new BCD436HP I just purchases at the Hamvention today!!! Really good deal to. Anyway I am new to all this digital stuff with this thing. The last scanner I had came from Radio Shack about 10 years age, and someone programmed it for me. Is there anyone close to 45403, 40404, 45431 that can physically show me how to set this up how I want it? I put my zip code in, and its working good, just some areas I really dont care about listening to. All I want to listen to is Montgomery county, Dayton EMS/PD, Riverside EMS/PD, Huber Heights EMS/PD, and a few other areas. I am willing to pay someone to help me out if need be.... I would really appreciate some help please.

Thank you

Please start here.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-forums/283228-faq-info_____-read-1st.html

Make sure everything is updated.

If you want to continue just using the entire database and not make a favorite. Once you have updated it - set your range for no more than 5 miles and just avoid systems , department sand talkgroups that you do not want.

It's much easier to do it with a favorite list - but that can be a big learing curve also.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Coleman- I just bought my 436 a few weeks ago too, I will tell you it confused the hell out of me for a few days, but once you play around with the sentinel software and get the hang of it, it really isn't that hard. The scanner master videos helped a ton to try and learn how to use the system.

bcoleman74

From what I am seeing you do your favorite lists from the Sentinel software???? BTW I did do the update like I was told by to person that sold it to me.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Where exactly do you live? Not familiar with those zip codes. I just bought one at Dayton this past weekend also. Would be willing to help if you still want the one on one time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TedRHayes

From what I am seeing you do your favorite lists from the Sentinel software???? BTW I did do the update like I was told by to person that sold it to me.

Do remember this: when you create a favorites list (FL) and add systems to it from the main DB, those systems WILL NOT BE UPDATED in the FL when you perform the weekly "Update Master HPDB..." in Sentinel. If there are changes, you must manually update your copies of the systems/sites/departments/channels.

Due to the complexity of the DB, the user customization that can be made to systems... in FLs, and many other factors, it is not likely that auto/semi-auto updating of systems in FLs will be a feature provided by Uniden or even 3rd Party software anytime soon. I talked with Gommert from BUTEL Software at Dayton, he'd like to implement something to automate FL updates, but believes the complexity will make it very hard to do.

Many systems are relatively stable, so they don't need to be updated that frequently. Other systems (e.g., Ohio MARCS-IP) are changing daily and will continue until the system build-out is complete; can't tell you how often I've updated my FL copy of the Ohio MARCS-IP.

I live in Beavercreek and have been using my 436 for several months now. Would be more than happy to share my experiences and pointers. Just send me a PM if you have specific questions.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.