Capital Crossroads/Ohio Support Svcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrman64

Greetings,

I'm looking for the frequency used by the 'ambassadors' with Capital Crossroads in Columbus. I'm not looking for the channel on the CPD system, but the radios used by the Ohio Support Services bike officers. I was told it was in the 400Mhz range.

Any info is appreciated,

16b

Premium Subscriber
Ohio Support Services has a nationwide license on four itinerant frequencies as seen here:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVD710 - Ohio Support Services Corp - Frequencies Summary
They are licensed for analog and DMR modes on all of those frequencies.
I have never heard of Capital Crossroads, but when I did a google search I came up with this site: Capital Crossroads SID Downtown Columbus and one of the copyright lines at the bottom reads Columbus Downtown Development Corporation. CDDC has two repeaters and several simplex frequencies listed here: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KD42356 - COLUMBUS DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT - Frequencies Summary
Note that the repeaters are DMR (7K60FXE) so you're going to need something other than a scanner (e.g., DSD+) to listen to them.
Since I don't see a license for Capital Crossroads, if I were going to bet I'd say the fuzz are using those CDDC frequencies. Another possibility is that they're leasing airtime on one of several SMR trunked systems here in town.

Some general information about searching for frequencies:
1. If it isn't listed in the database here on RR, that usually means nobody here on the forums knows it. In other words, you're probably going to be on your own as far as finding what you're looking for. And of course if you find something, you should submit it to the database so others can benefit.
2. The FCC provides reasonably capable search tools. Use this form to search by name (try "ohio support services") and this form to search by location/point radius. If you need coordinates to do a point radius search, I like this site.

Happy hunting.

K8CMH

Premium Subscriber
I have been away from the boards for a while so I am not sure if this got answered fully or not... so my apologies if it has.

16B was correct in thought....

Capital Crossroads / Special Improvement District is on a shared system (REM). They are on the digital NexEdge shared system.

The 800mhz talkgroup for Columbus is still in use for communications between the SID and all the business partners (however the official tag has been changed to CCSID and no longer SUB B for prep to be changed over to P25).

au1344

Premium Subscriber
TG is 57222. It was submitted yesterday but has not been added yet.

K8CMH

Premium Subscriber
The primary system they use beteeen the ambassadors and CPD / 240 is still NexEdge. They use the Columbus P25 system for interoperability between the SID / CC Dispatcher and the security partners in the downtown area.

Status
Not open for further replies.