Ohio MARCS IP cuyahoga county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highly

Premium Subscriber
Using the ws 1080...I would like to program the west shore police system but cannot find them on the rr database. There is a page with the cities, id's and talk group numbers..no frequencies. I found under the county Marcs ip listing frequencies, managed to pgm into scanner..saved to scan list used wildcard for talk group but listening while listening to Broadcastallity's same system they just are not the same group..in fact I don't know who they are as some calls are not completely decoded audio, some are not police calls...So what am I doing wrong? Have had the scanner for only three weeks...works great on most systems...just wonder why or if the west shore law dispatch isn't there...even in the database..or if the frequencies I programmed are correct...even using location programming the secondary channels are there but not primary..cities in group are Rocky River, Bay Village, Westlake, Fairview Park and North Olmsted Ohio.
Thanks very much, Highly

n8vur

Feed Provider
The Westshore TG's are on the MARCS-IP listing under Cuyahoga County Fire and Cuyahoga County Law talkgroups. They are on there and using them all day.
Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
Do a CTRL-F and search for "WS Law" and it will take you right to it.

With the wildcard you're going to hear a ton of stuff, there's a lot of users on MARCS-IP especially with it being a county wide simulcast. Also, with it being a simulcast, you're going to need to work on antenna and placement to improve the audio decode. The scanners just don't handle the simulcast as well as the radios that are designed for it. It took some trial and error but I found a spot in my house and the right antenna length to have 100% decode on MARCS-IP.

kablesse

Ohio MARCS IP West Shore reception issues.

I am having trouble receiving Ohio MARCS IP West Shore transmissions. Some times I receive transmissions and sometimes I do not. So far I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is. I know that I'm missing transmissions because I can hear them over on my ScannerRadio app on my phone but not on my scanner. Looking for any suggestions.

I have it set to the Cuyahoga County Simulcast frequency group.

Scanner - Uniden BCD436HP.
Firmware - 1.11.20

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am having trouble receiving Ohio MARCS IP West Shore transmissions. Some times I receive transmissions and sometimes I do not. So far I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is. I know that I'm missing transmissions because I can hear them over on my ScannerRadio app on my phone but not on my scanner. Looking for any suggestions.

I have it set to the Cuyahoga County Simulcast frequency group.

Scanner - Uniden BCD436HP.
Firmware - 1.11.20
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.