Ohio Highway Patrol VHF vehicle repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8VFD

Feed Provider
I was out on a car crash call with the fire department the other day and saw a couple of state troopers (Post 4) carrying Motorola APX7000 VHF/700-800MHz radios, I guess they went to VHF vehicular repeaters since they had to abandon their 700MHz vehicle repeaters, wondering why they didn't go back to their UHF repeaters like they had back in the old low band days. Now to find the frequency for it.

owenbricker

Appears they are going to use the UHF mobile extenders, just had them on 465.3750 Mansfield area. also try 465.4250, 465.5250, 465.5500. Barry.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I was out on a car crash call with the fire department the other day and saw a couple of state troopers (Post 4) carrying Motorola APX7000 VHF/700-800MHz radios, I guess they went to VHF vehicular repeaters since they had to abandon their 700MHz vehicle repeaters, wondering why they didn't go back to their UHF repeaters like they had back in the old low band days. Now to find the frequency for it.
Are you sure it was a VHF model APX7000? As the other person posted I've been hearing them on 465.375 here in the Cincinnati-Dayton area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

W8VFD

Feed Provider
Are you sure it was a VHF model APX7000? As the other person posted I've been hearing them on 465.375 here in the Cincinnati-Dayton area.

I'm pretty sure I saw VHF-700/800 on the antenna of the radio, could have been UHF, will have to plug in the old 465.550 into my scanner to see if i hear anything.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'm pretty sure I saw VHF-700/800 on the antenna of the radio, could have been UHF, will have to plug in the old 465.550 into my scanner to see if i hear anything.

The VHF and UHF antennas look pretty much the same although the UHF antenna is a tad shorter.

I'm betting that OSP is using UHF vehicle repeaters statewide; the licenses are good for several more years and some were recently renewed.

guttapercha

The VHF and UHF antennas look pretty much the same although the UHF antenna is a tad shorter.

I'm betting that OSP is using UHF vehicle repeaters statewide; the licenses are good for several more years and some were recently renewed.

Rather than starting a new thread, this seems apropos:

Does anyone know if their vehicular repeaters are activated manually via a setting on the mobile or automatically when they open the door of their cruiser?

W8VFD

Feed Provider
Does anyone know if their vehicular repeaters are activated manually via a setting on the mobile or automatically when they open the door of their cruiser?

Some are manually activated via toggle switch, that's how the ones in our fire trucks are set up. I've heard of ones that automatically come on when the vehicle is shifted into Park and the door opens then turn off when the vehicle is shifted into Drive.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Rather than starting a new thread, this seems apropos:

OSP used to have their vehicular repeaters activated when the doors opened. I don't know how they are currently set up.

Mike

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening to 465.3750 I'm hearing osp but I'm also hearing what sounds like data telemetry anyone esle hearing that as well

sopranosno1

Around the time country concert was going on here in shelby county, we thought we heard some digital type noise on 465.525 besides the osp voice traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.