TARTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaheadover

Banned
Hello.. I am trying to monitor TARTA buses as I have a friend who drives. Does anyone know the TG they use?

Thanks so much!

Davey1

Most, if not all, of the channels on this system cannot be monitored even with a DMR capable radio because they are encrypted. At least that was true the last time I checked.

Hope this helps.

goaheadover

Banned
Well, davey1. that is really a shame... sign of the times i guess. they used be a fun to listen to.

thanks for your reply.

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned
Encrypting bus comms now....some manager is very insecure.

Or maybe they just don't need people eavesdropping on them. They are entitled to their privacy. Have you considered that?

goaheadover

Banned
I'd like to test the audio quality of my DMR radio. Is anyone aware of a user that is in the clear? Many of them are listed but they do not show their TG id. How do I find out the TG Id is? or is there a CTCSS kind of option for DMR? Thanks again.

Davey1

You could conduct your test with Perrysburg Police
Color Code 11, Receive Group ID 911, Time Slot 1.
460.300 mhz.

Last edited:

goaheadover

Banned
What is the TG and timeslot for TARTA? I know they're encrypted I just want to see the IDs. thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks,

I did not notice a single encrypted talkgroup when monitoring this system this morning.

1. It's a CAP+ system, not conventional DMR
2. I don't know if all four licensed freqs are active

(monitored during band opening this morning)
453.725 : CAP+ : SITE 1 : DCC 13 (not sure of LCN)
453.775 CAP+ : SITE 1 : DCC 13 : (I believe LCN was LCN 2)

Traffic was only active on LSNs 1-4 (LCNs 1 and 2) during my monitoring. If it had been more busy, it is very possible that another channel would have become active. It's at least a 2-channel CAP+ system but probably a 3 or 4-channel CAP+ system.

Talkgroups seen were the same ones as previously reported.

People with Whistler DMR scanners could just slap all four frequencies on the license in as a DMR trunked system.

People with Uniden scanners would need to set it up as MotoTRBO Trunk and would have to (a) know all of the active frequencies and (b) know the actual LCN associated with each frequency in order for it to trunk properly.

Somebody needs to figure out the LCN order on it, and be able to monitor during a busy time of the day when there is potentially more than two active frequencies in use.

If there is anybody reading this thread who has a DMR scanner and the ability to run DSDPlus, you'd be the perfect candidate to figure out (a) which frequencies are in use and (b) their LCN order.

Any active CAP+ frequency will show as a CAP+ frequency when the frequency is active with voice, or when it is beaconing. if using DSDPlus, it should be easy to verify whether 460.025 adn 453.675 are active channels on that Cap+ site. Of course, if there is little activity on the system at the time, it is unlikely that you'd find traffic on more than two of the frequencies.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.