Franklin County/Columbus P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert43055

I heard they were switching over tomorrow July 1st anyone know that for sure, and anyone know if there channels are gonna be encrypted or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I think a holiday weekend is not a smart time to switch. I could be wrong, but I would not switch before Red, White and Boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I think a holiday weekend is not a smart time to switch. I could be wrong, but I would not switch before Red, White and Boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard they were going to start testing on a large scale during Red, White, & BOOM on their event channels, not necessarily "switching over" altogether.

K8CMH

Premium Subscriber
W8RMH is correct. They will be using the P25 - X EZ-# talkgroups throughout the day for RWB.

gtaman

They have been multi-casting dispatch on X ALPHA and X 10FIRE for about a week now.

Gotcha I haven't been monitoring in a little bit. And I noticed it's different then the sheriff multicast. It's not a patch from analog. The locution device is plugged directly into the controller.

wdz

The last memo I got said FCSO is switching this Sunday, July 10th starting at midnight. The same memo says Columbus will switch July 17th.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
From a very reliable command source "The Columbus Police Division is scheduled to switch over to the P25 system on Sunday, July 17 at 5:00AM, and encryption will only be used on a couple SWAT and NARC talk groups".

Status
Not open for further replies.