Status
Not open for further replies.

jamaal0299

I have a BCD325P2 with a RS 800mhz antenna. A few days ago I was able to briefly listen to 155.1300 which is a conventional frequency. A member has been trouble shooting with me to see why I can't pull this frequency in. Please help

budevans

jamaal0299,

You need to provide more detailed information. There are far to many possible reasons to just guess blindly.

EXample: Did you make any programming changes to your scanner, from the time you last heard E. Cleveland to when you stopped hearing it? If no, then it's not a scanner issue.

One thing I noticed when I looked at E. Cleveland's PD listing in the RR Database. There's a note that says they sometimes use Speech Inversion Scrambling. It could be that they've decided to use Scrambling full time. Which means you won't hear them.

Another possibility is that they could have moved to the GCRCN system. Their FD is already on GCRCN.

The list goes on.

Provide some additional details as to what you have or have not changed. Hopefully you will get some answers.

jamaal0299

Out of the box I first programmed EC PD and listen to them and then I used Butel software to program scanner and could no longer hear it, so I reset scanner and could hear EC scetchly though. I know about the channel 100 that they use and have listen to them for years. I am less than a mile away. Settings for EC: 155.1300 - Audio type: Analog Only - CTCSS: 110.9 Modulation :NFM - Priority : On Hold time : 0 Delay time:2

SCPD

QRT
Can you hear NOAA WX on 162.55? Can you move around to find a better location for hearing the PD? If you are only a mile away I can't see why you are having a problem. Is ATT off?

SCPD

QRT
Maybe it's too strong. Try turning ON the attenuation.
I had that problem with a local VHF station on my BCD996P2. It was terrible on the scanner but was fine on a commercial handheld.

SCPD

QRT
The FCC data for KQA214 ECPD shows a repeater on 423.1125 and one on 424.0625.
I have no idea what that's about but you might give a listen there.

ECPD

few months ago i was with a ECPD Detective his NEW radio was Kenwood NXED i think he said the city changed so NO one can monitor them

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.