Fulton County station alerting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorzan

So now the system has been up and running for several years, I have a question about station alerting. Due to the Fire/EMS paging being VHF patched to the Trunked system on channel FUL FD 1, we dont use the classic moto "Alert tones" to page stations/departments. I was wondering if there is any way one could set up a station alert system that would trip once a Departments tones were dropped on the trunked system using a XTL 2500 base radio? Im looking to utilize this station alert to the effect of the moto "Call Alert Page" with the 4 high pitched tones every 5 seconds. Hope to hear from someone soon! thanks.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
So now the system has been up and running for several years, I have a question about station alerting. Due to the Fire/EMS paging being VHF patched to the Trunked system on channel FUL FD 1, we dont use the classic moto "Alert tones" to page stations/departments. I was wondering if there is any way one could set up a station alert system that would trip once a Departments tones were dropped on the trunked system using a XTL 2500 base radio? Im looking to utilize this station alert to the effect of the moto "Call Alert Page" with the 4 high pitched tones every 5 seconds. Hope to hear from someone soon! thanks.

If you're thinking of using the paging tones over P25, it might work with an APX, but not with an XTL.

P25 tone paging is a recent addition to the APX line and is an extra cost option. Proper decoding of paging tones (assuming Moto Quik-Call II) with an XTL would probably require an outboard paging decoder and even then it might not work well; I've found that only a few tone frequencies will decode properly and the rest just sound nasty to one degree or another, but certainly not clean enough for reliable decoding.

Your best bet is to use a VHF radio on the station PA with the proper paging decode setup, and use the horn/lights feature to sound a tone and open the PA.

jmorzan

We have a Moto Radius CM300 as our station VHF radio with one PA speaker in the bay. From what I have seen online it has the Call Alert Page function. Im fairly new to radios, so bare with me. I believe our dispatch uses the Quick Call II to dispatch units because we still use pagers and "2 tones". So technically i can program the radio to receive this Call Alert Page once the radio receives the Unique 2 Tones to our department? Is this correct or would we have to purchase something in addition?

Status
Not open for further replies.