Pro 96 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray2194

Premium Subscriber
Recently numerous Stark County agencies switched off of their VHF and UHF systems and went on the Stark County 800 system. Wayne County agencies have switched to MARCS. My issue is that I have programmed these systems into my Radio Shack Pro -96 and I have yet to hear any traffic. I hear it over a phone app, but nothing on the scanner itself. I did the import from RR and nothing as of yet. Did I miss something or is it the Pro-96 will not monitor these systems. Thank you in advance for your replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Recently numerous Stark County agencies switched off of their VHF and UHF systems and went on the Stark County 800 system. Wayne County agencies have switched to MARCS. My issue is that I have programmed these systems into my Radio Shack Pro -96 and I have yet to hear any traffic. I hear it over a phone app, but nothing on the scanner itself. I did the import from RR and nothing as of yet. Did I miss something or is it the Pro-96 will not monitor these systems. Thank you in advance for your replies.
For Wayne County, looking at the database, the MARCS sites are using primarily 700MHz frequencies. The Wooster site has 4 700MHz frequencies, and two 800MHz frequencies, but the control channels 700MHz frequencies. While you can use software to "open up" the frequency coverage in the Pro-96 to allow entry of 700MHx frequencies, the scanner will not trunk track a system using those. It was manufactured before the 700Mhz band was created for public safety usage. You'd need a newer digital scanner to get these sites.

For Stark county, I presume you are referring to this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1369

If you imported that system via software (WIN96 for example), it should have also added the custom tables needed for the rebanded system. I would suggest that you verify those tables are present, and that the scanner is set to use them. If properly set up, your Pro-96 should be able to hear that Stark County system, but would not work on the Wayne County MARCS sites.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin

Canton/Stark system should work just fine in your Pro-96 as long as you are using the "800 MHz rebanded" custom tables.

If you are programming in the MARCS-IP Wayne County tower sites in your Pro-96 then it will not work as the 96 cannot receive the 700 MHz Trunked frequencies nor track them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.