Washington County Sheriff Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain1213

Premium Subscriber
While reviewing Radio Reference I see Washington County Sheriff Dispatch shows TGID of 53216. In Sentinel programming my 436hp the Sheriff Dispatch shows TGID of 54865. I have listened several weeks and heard nothing at all under Sentinel programming. I have successfully changed in Sentinel to the 53216 but have been unsuccessful in writing to the scanner itself. Any help or suggestions???

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
While reviewing Radio Reference I see Washington County Sheriff Dispatch shows TGID of 53216. In Sentinel programming my 436hp the Sheriff Dispatch shows TGID of 54865. I have listened several weeks and heard nothing at all under Sentinel programming. I have successfully changed in Sentinel to the 53216 but have been unsuccessful in writing to the scanner itself. Any help or suggestions???

The talkgroup is indeed 54865. However, take a look at this:

54865 d651 E SO84DSP Sheriff Dispatch Law Dispatch

That E stands for Encryption. SO84's dispatch is encrypted, and thus you will not be able to hear it on any scanner or SDR / decoding software.

I don't know where you saw 53216 at, but that definitely is not a Washington Co Sheriff talkgroup.

mike

Rain1213

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I got the 53216 off Ohio Marcs type 2 link under Washington county page. But also saw the 54865 under p25. Never crossed my mind for encryption. Thanks again!!

Reggie KA7LIG

phask

Premium Subscriber
The old MARCS DB needs some work. It's showing TG 53216 as active! (Other stuff also...)

WORK - it just needs removed :) Actually - is the data still in RR? I thought it was all depreciated then removed.

EDIt

If you find a direct link it says this right at the top. Only way I found was via the Ohio trunked systems.

This system is deprecated, and may no longer be in use or is superseded by another system.

SCPD

QRT
Yes I know that. I was simplifying just to the TG 53216 point.

MOST of the stuff is marked depreciated. I just just wondering where the OP got that TG.

(Yes I found it via the Ohio trunked systems)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The old MARCS DB needs some work. It's showing TG 53216 as active! (Other stuff also...)

The old MARCS is deprecated. If you have it saved as a favorite, you're fault. It's not visible to the naked eye of everyone visiting RR -- just those who have the direct link.

So, does the DB need work, or does the person viewing the DB need work ? :)

mike

SCPD

QRT
Mike I was just wondering where Rain1213 got that TG info so I looked for it and found it.

No I don't have the OLD MARCS marked as a favorite.

Go look where I mentioned in Washington Co. in the OLD MARCS DB and see. There are other places there where the TALKGROUPS are not marked as deprecated.

No I'm not as stupid as I look.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike I was just wondering where Rain1213 got that TG info so I looked for it and found it.

No I don't have the OLD MARCS marked as a favorite.

Go look where I mentioned in Washington Co. in the OLD MARCS DB and see. There are other places there where the TALKGROUPS are not marked as deprecated.

The old MARCS system itself is marked as deprecated though. That would usually be enough, but for the fact that [as you pointed out] in certain counties there are still links to the old MARCS system instead of MARCS-IP. I will work on going through the counties and making sure references to the old MARCS system are removed / replaced with IP references so that people aren't as confused and can find the info they need.

No I'm not as stupid as I look.

I am :)

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

It's been removed. . . . .

SCPD

QRT
Really?

It's been removed. . . . .

You are looking here https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=901 right?

These don't show deprecated TGs.
Adams County (01) Talkgroups
Allen County (02) Talkgroups
Ashland County (03) Talkgroups
Ashtabula County (04) Talkgroups
Athens County (05) Talkgroups
Auglaize County (06) Talkgroups
Belmont County (07) Talkgroups etc etc etc......

with a few exceptions down thru

The Ohio State University Talkgroups.

I realize this is not a big deal in the whole scheme of things since the SYSTEM is marked deprecated.
But for the sake of consistency ALL the TGs should be marked deprecated not just some.

Whatever... :)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Doesn't really matter. The system as a whole is deprecated so shouldn't download to radios.

You are looking here https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=901 right?

These don't show deprecated TGs.
Adams County (01) Talkgroups
Allen County (02) Talkgroups
Ashland County (03) Talkgroups
Ashtabula County (04) Talkgroups
Athens County (05) Talkgroups
Auglaize County (06) Talkgroups
Belmont County (07) Talkgroups etc etc etc......

with a few exceptions down thru

The Ohio State University Talkgroups.

I realize this is not a big deal in the whole scheme of things since the SYSTEM is marked deprecated.
But for the sake of consistency ALL the TGs should be marked deprecated not just some.

Whatever... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.