Heights-Hillcrest Communication Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
The Heights-Hillcrest Communication Center has been dedicated and will start moving the various departments in starting November 1st. South Euclid will be the first community to move in. It was built in the MetroHealth facility in Cleveland Heights and was built big enough to accommodate more departments as they join. Additional wiring has already been dropped.

kf8yk

Richmond Heights will move to MARCS, all others stay put on their existing systems.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Before Mayfield Village PD went to MARCS IP, they shared the same UHF analog frequencies with Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills PD.

So because MV PD moved to MARCS IP...does that mean the others will soon follow?

kf8yk

Mayfield Village, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills PD are not currently involved with the Heights-Hillcrest Communications Center (HHCC).

At this time the only cities moving to the new dispatch center are Richmond Heights, South Euclid, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights and University Heights.

The only department making a radio system change is Richmond Heights PD, who will migrate from UHF to MARCS.

The Fire/EMS only Eastcom regional dispatch center will be merged into HHCC on Nov 1st.

SCPD

QRT
Any word what the TG will be (I didn't check the DB _ maybe the existing Hillcrest ones?)

eorange

Mayfield Village, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills PD are not currently involved with the Heights-Hillcrest Communications Center (HHCC).

At this time the only cities moving to the new dispatch center are Richmond Heights, South Euclid, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights and University Heights.
Yes, thanks. I understand that now.

My real question (unrelated to the new dispatch center) is why did Mayfield Village go digital, but Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills PD are still analog UHF?

kf8yk

My real question (unrelated to the new dispatch center) is why did Mayfield Village go digital, but Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills PD are still analog UHF?

I have no insight why MV switched, but MV does have a unique relationship with MARCS as the city hosts the prime site for the MARCS Cuyahoga County simulcast site at the fire station.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber

Gates Mills is on MARCS on the Chagrin Valley East Band with Chagrin Falls, Moreland, Orange, South Russell etc.

eorange

kf8yk: Yep, gotcha. My QTH is just over a mile away from that tower.

Firefox89: Thanks - I didn't realize that.

Swipesy

Gates Mills is sort of in "No Man's Land". Bordering on Mayfield, MV, Hunting Valley (CVD), Russell (Geauga) they are constantly in touch with these communities for Mutual Aid. I guess they will be dispatched from whatever center gives them the best deal in dispatch costs (currently Chagrin Valley Dispatch).

Status
Not open for further replies.