Hamilton County Communications Center Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8tmv

Can someone tell me exactly what 158.805000 "Hamilton County Communications Center Administative/Paging" is used for?
I hear what I "think" is data being sent at the same time I can hear "TONES" on the analog simulcast fire/ems dispatch.
Just wondering if this is something that can be decoded to monitor for specific department tones.

troymail

Silent Key
Can someone tell me exactly what 158.805000 "Hamilton County Communications Center Administative/Paging" is used for?
I hear what I "think" is data being sent at the same time I can hear "TONES" on the analog simulcast fire/ems dispatch.
Just wondering if this is something that can be decoded to monitor for specific department tones.

Sounds like potentially alphanumeric paging of the incident to pagers. Pretty common.

In late 1998, the Hamilton County Commissioners approved the purchase of a mobile 800 MHz radio system for fire and EMS applications. That 6 site, mobile radio system was placed in service in the late summer of 1999. The 6-site system was the first step in modernizing voice radio in Hamilton County. It replaced an antiquated low-band 2-way system and allowed us to effectively reduce the channel loading on the fire console by splitting it into east and west zones and gave the fire service additional fire ground talk groups. An alphanumeric paging system for fire was also installed about the same time. The paging system operates in the 158 MHz band and is installed at 8 sites around the county to provide personal paging.

Source: History - Hamilton County

Last edited:

kc8tmv

Above my skill level unfortunately. Has anyone done this and have something to share? This would just be one of those "nice to have" for me. I just like gadgets and just love data. Once I get at the data level, I am much more in my element.

fyrfyter33

I deal with radios, computers, pagers, tablets and MDCs at my department.

Yes, I have done it. We did it at work, so I know it can be done, but I cannot provide further information about it. Sorry.

kc8tmv

Does anyone have a list of POCSAG "Addresses" for Hamilton County? Via PDW and other software I can see the addresses ie: 0009001 (from memory, not in front of it right now) I can filter on address, but when you don't know what they are, kind of hard to do that!
Kind of assuming each Engine, Medic, ALS, BLS, etc. has it's own address.

Status
Not open for further replies.