Help with Updates in Dayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9gunner

I have 2 different scanners that need updated, a 996T, HP1 and a 436. I am willing to pay for someones time to update them all, I dont know how to do the updates, and I really dont have the time to learn it.

sopranosno1

go to the monix north meeting next Saturday night at 6pm. donatos in Centerville. someone will help you.

k9gunner

I appreciate the offer, however im a Police Officer, and I work second shift.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have 2 different scanners that need updated, a 996T, HP1 and a 436. I am willing to pay for someones time to update them all, I dont know how to do the updates, and I really dont have the time to learn it.

You don't really need to learn anything.

For the HP-1, see the simple, easy to follow steps on page 6 of the owner's manual for the firmware and database updates.

For the 436, follow the steps for those updates on page 17 of the owner's manual.

In each case, it involves just a few mouse clicks and only takes a very few minutes.

k9gunner

That didnt help a shortage of time :)

I gave them both to my neighbor, thanks anyways.

I just turn on my XTS radio now, much easier.

K2RNI

That didnt help a shortage of time :)

I gave them both to my neighbor, thanks anyways.

I just turn on my XTS radio now, much easier.

That's one darn lucky neighbor, he must love you now. Next time you can just send it in to scanner master if you ever get another and neee it updated. Scanner Radio Programming Mail-in Service | Scanner Master

Sorry the forum users were more opinionated than helpful since you didn't want to do things their way, though I get the point it was useless and you already made your position clear.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That's one darn lucky neighbor, he must love you now. Next time you can just send it in to scanner master if you ever get another and neee it updated. Scanner Radio Programming Mail-in Service | Scanner Master

Sorry the forum users were more opinionated than helpful since you didn't want to do things their way, though I get the point it was useless and you already made your position clear.

I agree, that's one lucky neighbor. However, your suggestion certainly wouldn't be of any help to the OP either. If he doesn't have the time to update his scanners with a few mouse clicks in Sentinel, he certainly isn't going to have the time to gather up boxes and packing material, put together a package for shipping, print out shipping labels, and drive down to the UPS store. I think you missed that point.

Besides, seems like the OP has already come up with the best solution for his situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.