Columbiana County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anerien

Does anybody have an updated codes and Signal list for the Columbiana County sheriff or any other jurisdiction in the Columbiana County area that they would like to post here? I'm mostly interested in learning what a 15p is I know 15 is warrant 15 F for felony 15 M for misdemeanor.. I'm guessing 15p is probation but want to know for sure. I have the Buckeye Sheriff's codes but I'm not sure they use all of them or have a few of Their Own.

Anerien

Just heard a 15 W and a 78 on a signal 6 from listening further it sounded like he needed a witness to a drug test. Drives me insane that there isn't anywhere on the internet that has the codes and signals for Columbiana County.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Below is a link to an old list but it should help you out. Their codes are a variation to the Buckeye State Sheriff Codes.

Originally codes were intended to be standard but everyone wanted their own. In Hamilton County there were 5 different sets of codes being used. I could see why they had codes in the 30s and 40s, the radios were new and not that good, but with new technology I'm surprised they haven't done away with them. I believe NIMS doesn't permit them for obvious reasons. Some jurisdictions and especially Fire / EMS have abolished them altogeather. They never were a big secret, most people got copies and they were published in the old Police Call books.

When I first got into scanning in the late 1960s I just asked a deputy and other officers and they gave me copies. Back before all this paranoia set in they didn't mind if you listened. They got a lot of good intel that way back then, people were aware of what was going on and would step up as witnesses. Officers were more accessible to the public then too. It was kinda fun as a hobby trying to figure out the codes, unit numbers, and frequencies back then too, but it all got too big.

RADIO CODES & SIGNALS - OHIO

Last edited:

Nasby

Just heard a 15 W and a 78 on a signal 6 from listening further it sounded like he needed a witness to a drug test. Drives me insane that there isn't anywhere on the internet that has the codes and signals for Columbiana County.

Thos sound like Highway Patrol signals. Not Buckeye Sheriffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.