Survival Flight Mt. Carmel

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Anyone know the TGs, frequencies, system used by the new Survival Flight choppers assigned to Mt. Carmel St. Ann's and Mt. Carmel West (which is moving to Grove City in the fall). I assume they will be on MARCS.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
June 18, 2018, Columbus, Ohio – Mount Carmel Health System and Survival Flight are bringing upgraded helicopter patient transfers to the region with an exclusive partnership. The long-term agreement with the ambulatory helicopter service equips Mount Carmel with helicopters that provide a quicker response time for patients than any other emergency air medical provider in central Ohio.

The first of the co-branded helicopters began service at Mount Carmel St. Ann’s this month and the second will begin at Mount Carmel West in August. The latter will relocate to Mount Carmel Grove City when inpatient services transfer from Mount Carmel West later this year.

Survival Flight larger-frame aircraft can accommodate a family member and carry enough medical supplies for two transport flights without requiring restocking

Survival Flight Partnership Brings Two New Medical Helicopters To Mount Carmel

Mount Carmel Health System Partners with Survival Flight

Survival Flight Mt Carmel Photo

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I was unaware of yet another medical helicopter unit. I thought everything in the middle of the state was handled by Medflight...

Airmed helicopter services are getting to be like gas stations, pharmacies and emergency rooms. . . one on every corner.

I haven't heard anything from them yet, but no doubt they'll be on MARCS somehow.

CVPI4Ever

I was unaware of yet another medical helicopter unit. I thought everything in the middle of the state was handled by Medflight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was made aware of them during EMS week when we were at Mt. Carmel East. My partner and I toured their trauma rooms and they had a couple of pictures there with "Coming Soon!" on them. So, now they join AirEvac and MedFlight.

poormr

Premium Subscriber
During the past 48hrs Survival Flight (N407SF) has been quite busy in the central Ohio area but I have not heard any transmissions from their operation. Nothing on MARCS, their frequencies from other locations, air dispatch companies, hospital frequencies or traditional ems frequencies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
During the past 48hrs Survival Flight (N407SF) has been quite busy in the central Ohio area but I have not heard any transmissions from their operation. Nothing on MARCS, their frequencies from other locations, air dispatch companies, hospital frequencies or traditional ems frequencies.

Thursday, I heard Survival Flight marking Medcomm on the Medflight talkgroup (Columbus MARCS site), announcing that they were lifting from Mount Carmel.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Sideways related.

Medflight had a Tweet where they use IRIS. It's a SAT based comms/info/data system. No idea if they will use for comms in place of MARCS or not.

CVPI4Ever

I think one is Survival Flight 13, anyone know what the other is and which is based where??

CVPI4Ever

I know one of them is based at Mt. Carmel St. Anns (Westerville) and the other is at Mt. Carmel West but moving to Mt. Carmel Grove City. I think they all go to Bolton Field for refueling and such

Status
Not open for further replies.