SW Fire Gove city

Status
Not open for further replies.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
To monitor SW disp which sites do I enter, Franklin county or Columbus city?

Last edited:

au1344

Premium Subscriber
They will primarily be on the Discovery site and Franklin County but can roam to the Columbus City site.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I live in Grove City and monitor them daily. The Columbus Site is the best site, and it has the greatest range. I have never 'not heard' their traffic on the Columbus Site. (and this is in a 2+ mile radius).

I have listened to them on the Discovery Site but it's range is limited, even in Grove City (I'm just a couple miles away). There have been times while in Grove City where I heard them on the Columbus Site on my G4 just fine as always, yet simultaneously on my scanner which was locked on the Discovery Site they were garbled or non-existent. I have never heard them on a county site.

Last edited:

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I live in South Columbus and the discovery site seems to come in loud and clear with Grove City police and fire

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Sorry for the dumb question...But if I put in both Discovery and Franklin County sites, Will that cause a conflict with my pro 197 scanner?

au1344

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the dumb question...But if I put in both Discovery and Franklin County sites, Will that cause a conflict with my pro 197 scanner?

It won't however you may miss calls when the scanner is switching back and forth between sites.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll just use the Discovery site, it seemed to work well in my scanner today, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.