Cuyahoga County MARCS Issue 9/26?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8vur

Feed Provider
Anyone noticing issues w/ the Cuyahoga County simulcast today? It's weird, I've had them rock solid in North Royalton for over a year now on multiple receivers. The control channel kind of faded out around 9am on an internal antenna on a trunk-recorder box with an Airspy (handles simulcast just fine). I haven't been able to sync to a CC on it since. Flipped on my Whistler on an external antenna, same thing, not tracking a CC on 773.83125. 774.28125, 774.53125, or 774.78125.

Either I'm suddenly in an RF black hole today or something odd is afoot. :)

n8vur

Feed Provider
Hmmm, I switched my MARCS box to GCRCN and it works fine. I put MARCS on the GCRCN box and no joy. Confirms to me that both receivers work, the coax isn't cut on them, etc...

Either weird atmospherics or something changed w/ the Brunswick Hills ("Strongsville") site.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Anyone noticing issues w/ the Cuyahoga County simulcast today? It's weird, I've had them rock solid in North Royalton for over a year now on multiple receivers. The control channel kind of faded out around 9am on an internal antenna on a trunk-recorder box with an Airspy (handles simulcast just fine). I haven't been able to sync to a CC on it since. Flipped on my Whistler on an external antenna, same thing, not tracking a CC on 773.83125. 774.28125, 774.53125, or 774.78125.

Either I'm suddenly in an RF black hole today or something odd is afoot. :)

Motorola has been running around doing PM on tower sites and could be doing maintenance on the tower site nearest to you; when they do that they typically take the tower down for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.