Central Ohio Radio Scanner Group (CORSG) NOVEMBER Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhouk

Mark your calendars.

The Central Ohio Radio Scanner Group (CORSG) will hold it's November meeting at the following location:

Columbus Metropolitan Library
Hilliard Branch
4500 Hickory Chase Way
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Meeting Room 2A
5:00PM to 8:00 PM on Tuesday November 20th 2018

Once again, all are welcome as well as any radio/scanner type!

Houk

poormr

Premium Subscriber
CANCELED Central Ohio Radio Scanner Group (CORSG) NOVEMBER Meeting

Due to a scheduling conflict we had had to cancel the November gathering.

Also, Since December is a very busy time due to the holidays, we will not have a meeting until January.

gthatch

Premium Subscriber
Central Ohio group, I'm considering getting a SDR dongle to play around with. Knowing that I like listening to CPD, Hilliard PD, private calls, would something like this be beneficial for me? I have been doing a lot of reading on other RR forums. These things look complicated to set up, but they are inexpensive and there are various free software programs to download.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=K34FB95FCJR4YK1FCY0B

jasonhouk

Central Ohio group, I'm considering getting a SDR dongle to play around with. Knowing that I like listening to CPD, Hilliard PD, private calls, would something like this be beneficial for me? I have been doing a lot of reading on other RR forums. These things look complicated to set up, but they are inexpensive and there are various free software programs to download.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=K34FB95FCJR4YK1FCY0B

Gary,

They are very inexpensive and with 2 SDR Dongles and Unitrunker2 with the proper tuning and antennas is capable of monitoring MARCS:IP. You can assign talkgroups a rating from 1-999, 1 being priority 999 being least. I'm unaware if you can prioritized private calls though.

This would be something I could set up a demonstration during the meeting I'm available to attend.

Houk

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
I would love to learn this SDR as well. If you do have a demonstration on this I’ll be making a trip to Columbus.

gthatch

Premium Subscriber
Jason, I'd like to have my devices and software ready for our next meeting.

On Unitrunker site, I am only finding download for

UniTrunker-1.0.33.6.msi 23-Apr-2017 00:00 1556480

Also, can you recommend which two SDR dongles I should be considering? Is the
NooElec NESDR Smart Bundle - Premium RTL-SDR okay? They are about $25 each, so I guess I need to buy 2?

jasonhouk

Jason, I'd like to have my devices and software ready for our next meeting.

On Unitrunker site, I am only finding download for

UniTrunker-1.0.33.6.msi 23-Apr-2017 00:00 1556480

Also, can you recommend which two SDR dongles I should be considering? Is the
NooElec NESDR Smart Bundle - Premium RTL-SDR okay? They are about $25 each, so I guess I need to buy 2?

Gary,

V2 Unitrunker is still in Beta and has been for sometime. The latest version I have installed can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oviBigDt1B17zEe9FCW5G8I_Wr6MTUT2

Premium RTL-SDR should be just fine and 2 is better than one! LOL

Houk

jasonhouk

All,

My work schedule has been 12 hour days M-F and every Saturday (4 hours+) on 2nd shift since I've started. Good thing is I'm quickly learning their systems and should be in a position where I'll be on 1st shift within a few months!

I'd like to reschedule January's meeting for a Sunday afternoon-evening if we could? Thoughts?

Houk

poormr

Premium Subscriber
I have set up the following location & time.

The Central Ohio Radio Scanner Group (CORSG) will hold it's January meeting at the following location:

Columbus Metropolitan Library
Hilliard Branch
4500 Hickory Chase Way
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Meeting Hilliard Room
1:00PM to 4:00 PM on Sunday January 20th 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.