Child abduction emergency?? What the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

KTUL just did an Amber Alert test, but was scrolling on the ticker that "authorities have issued a child abduction emergency for all of Oklahoma" effective today thru tomorrow.

Was it a test, or is something going on??? :confused:

EDIT: disregard, I did some research and "child abduction emergency" is just the EAS code for an Amber Alert. Kind of confusing though.

Last edited:

tiawah466

KTUL just did an Amber Alert test, but was scrolling on the ticker that "authorities have issued a child abduction emergency for all of Oklahoma" effective today thru tomorrow.

Was it a test, or is something going on??? :confused:

EDIT: disregard, I did some research and "child abduction emergency" is just the EAS code for an Amber Alert. Kind of confusing though.

The way that is worded, it is sort of like a thunderstorm watch.

fireant

Would not have been so bad however it blared over my TV's in the house at least 3 times. Even with the TV in my sons room turned down still managed to wake him up it was so loud. They should test it some other time or just once.

fireant

tiawah466

In today's forecast as a group of low life individuals move northeast across the state there is an 60% possibility of child abductions in trailer parks in the northeast part of the state. There is currently a child abduction watch in effect for northeast Oklahoma. As the low life individuals get more liqured up this watch may be upgraded to a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.