Storm Chaser hit by Semi in OKC on I-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Reported on Troop A Rural that a Semi has Hit a Storm Chaser vehicle and overturned on I-40.

Talbarez

More info on this? I can't find anything online

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SCPD

QRT
The video I saw showed a storm chase semi (wtf?!?) was hit by a tornado... It was just on the news... Too lazy to find a link.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I think you misunderstood. There's no such thing as a storm chase semi.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Oklahoma

Semi was thrown onto SC vehicle. As I listened to it live Friday, the Trooper reported Semi Hit SC vehicle.

SCPD

QRT
I think you misunderstood. There's no such thing as a storm chase semi.

I didnt misunderstand anything. I'm not telling you what is or isn't. I'm telling you what the news story reported. They (KTVU) reported that the semi was actively involved in storm chase activities. If asked, I would likely challenge the accuracy of such a statement since, to me, a storm chase semi truck doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Here's the video from another source.

Watch: Tornado Tips Semi Truck

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Oklahoma

Semi was thrown onto SC vehicle. As I listened to it live Friday, the Trooper reported Semi Hit SC vehicle.

I see nothing about a semi hitting a stormchase vehicle in that video. Exact time in there and I'll look again?

They (KTVU) reported that the semi was actively involved in storm chase activities

They are probably referring to Tim Samaras, who died in the event, but he was not chasing in a semi.

That's video of a tornado knocking over a truck. Not related.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I see nothing about a semi hitting a stormchase vehicle in that video. Exact time in there and I'll look again?

At the 1:19 mark of the video it shows the truck overturning, the storm chaser then says "There's a Semi- Trailer overturned next to me. That's what hit me. And I'm actually parked and wedged into it on purpose just for protection"

As I Listened Live, a Trooper on Troop A Rural 1 said a semi has hit a storm chaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.