900-929mhz Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

902-928 MHz is shared Amateur, ISM (Industrial, Scientific and Medical), LMS (Location and Monitoring Service), and federal government radiolocation. It is also called the "junk band". The signal you are receiving could be a lot of things.

SCPD

QRT
1288.5mhz too

902-928 MHz is shared Amateur, ISM (Industrial, Scientific and Medical) and Radiolocation. It is also called the "junk band". The signal you are receiving could be a lot of things.

I forgot that is amateur radio 33cm band. Certainly looks like a mess lol. I found something on 1288.5000mhz as well I just took a snap of it instead of recording it. 2nd image it is much stronger around 1314.5 mhz

Attachments

• -2017-may-28-001.jpg
    -2017-may-28-001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 240
  • -2017-may-28-002.jpg
    -2017-may-28-002.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

nd5y

I don't have a SDR but I have read that they must be configured properly.
Have you ruled out the possibility that some of these signals don't actually exist?
What kind of antenna?
How far is the antenna from the computer and other electronic devices?

SCPD

QRT
I don't have a SDR but I have read that they must be configured properly.
Have you ruled out the possibility that some of these signals don't actually exist?
What kind of antenna?
How far is the antenna from the computer and other electronic devices?

I tried to rule it out but it moves with the dial normally. If it wasn't there it would disappear as it gets closer to the center of the display.

Mine is configured properly. Not much to do with an RTL:-SDR. NooElec NESDR Smart. 0.5ppm TCXO All you do in HDSDR (The main software I use) start and run it and set ppm. Nothing special. No long list of things to do. The dongle is 8 feet away from the pc on a USB extension cable.It is a very small antenna with a air coil meant for these higher frequencies. It came with the dongle. It is a great little antenna. I have it on large metal cans and it's grounded. Nothing else to do when I am receive only.

Last edited:

nd5y

SCPD

QRT
Air Route Surveillance Radar

Google is useless if you don't know what you are looking for.
Check out some of the links on this page https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Radio_Spectrum_Management_and_Allocations
That will get you to the FCC Online Table, US Spectrum Allocation chart, and other info about the types of users in different parts of the radio spectrum.

I got the FCC Table. 1300-1350mhz it shows Aeronautical Aviation, Radio Location, and Radio Navigation- Satellite. I am convinced it is Aeronautical.It falls in the list as well on this site https://aviationglossary.com/aviation-frequency-bands-united-states/

1300-1370mhz---Air Route Surveillance Radar which makes sense because I live within 200nm of a USAF base which is WITHIN the borders of the USA.

Not to be confused with ADS-B on 1090 mhz
Automatic dependent surveillance – broadcast (ADS–B) is a surveillance technology in which an aircraft determines its position via satellite navigation and periodically broadcasts it, enabling it to be tracked.

Also used for ARTCC Radars. I am near the north end of Ft. Worth ARTCC..in other words...ground radar!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.