Status of OCSO 700 MHz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I know we’ve had an OCSO dispatcher on here in the past, maybe he’ll pipe in...What’s the status of the new system? With the current system acting up again, I’m sure your anxious to get it working.

Second question...Why didn’t you jump,on the new Oklahoma Multi-Agency Communication System?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nd5y

I also noticed that the application states it is “dismissed.”???????
The dismissal letter says:
Your application for Special Temporary Authorization (STA), File No. 0007956887 is dismissed for failure to meet the
prerequisites for an STA contained in Section 1.931 of the Commission’s rules. To obtain a regular authorization for
the General Use category frequencies specified in your STA request, file properly frequency coordinated applications
accompanied by concurrence from the Region 34, 700 MHz Regional Planning Committee (RPC). The former State
License channels contained in your STA request are not available for licensing at this time and will not be available until
the Region 34, 700 MHz RPC amends its regional plan to allocate those channels and the amended regional plan is
approved by the Federal Communications Commission after the opportunity for public comment.

N5TWB

I predict this application amendment goes down in flames even quicker than the previous one. I was especially amused by the first paragraph in their letter where they basically admit they are incompetent at maintaining the equipment used in their current licensed frequencies and sites. They sorely need to employ a professional communications consultant to run this process as they clearly don't have the needed technical and administrative law experience on the staff.

nd5y

They changed some of the frequencies from what was on the first application.
The current ones are

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I predict this application amendment goes down in flames even quicker than the previous one. I was especially amused by the first paragraph in their letter where they basically admit they are incompetent at maintaining the equipment used in their current licensed frequencies and sites. They sorely need to employ a professional communications consultant to run this process as they clearly don't have the needed technical and administrative law experience on the staff.

I try not to watch the news much but it seems like the "Oklahoma Standard" is .. shoddiness. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.