TRX-1 and Sapulpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

92K1500

I just got a TRX-1 today in the Sapulpa area and I can't get it to pick up anything. I've been browsing the web for a couple hours now and still haven't gotten it figured out.

Would anyone be willing to help out?

I know Creek county sheriff has recently switched to P25 but I can't find them on anything.

92K1500

I have figured that out. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get it to pick up at least something. Now I’m hearing parts of conversations and a few tags being ran but I still think it’s way too quiet to be scanning creek county and sapulpa. I haven’t heard any fire or medical stuff.

I haven’t used or programmed a scanner before this one. My father is retired and wanted one because he had one back in the day and I was trying to get this going for him to use.

92K1500

Well I guess I was just jumping the gun and expected more chatter than there is. I added in TPD and TCSO so now it’s amost constantly talking to me. I’m getting some beeping like you left a phone off the hook and some digital garble. I’m guessing that’s the stock antenna needing to be replaced?

92K1500

I don’t have enough posts for PM’s yet. I can send you one as soon as they are active. I appreciate the help sir.

92K1500

I figured that out late last night. I took it from him and noticed the “E” at the top of the screen. Noticed all the issues were on wildcard and during some searching found wildcard is random unprogrammed signals in range. So I skipped it and it’s been smooth sailing. We will see what he says today.

RWS23499

Radio Shack 20-163 scanner

Just getting back on this website. Haven't heard anything from Creek County or Sapulpa in several months. What has happened? I have the software cable that I used a couple of years ago and hope I can download new freqs if that is the problem. Will need to register again with credit card. Any help will be appreciated. Rick

92K1500

I see you already got an answer on them moving to P25 in your thread. If you upgrade to a Whistler I can help you out. I just got a fresh program for the TRX-1 that works on everything in this area thanks to Freqed.

Status
Not open for further replies.