Broken Arrow P25 system BAFD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechaser97

I'm in northeast Oklahoma. I'm looking for any information others may have about the Broken Arrow Communications Regional P25 System. for years BAFD has been encrypted. They are Harris Opensky. I've herd they are migrating away from it and are going to the new Harris XL-200p. some of their radios aren't encrypted anymore. a month ago I couldn't pick them up. now I'm listening to the Broken Arrow PD Dispatch very well. only when the police officers key up, the transmissions from them are encrypted. the problem I'm having is there are no broken arrow public safety talkgroups listed under the BA p25 system. I was successful in getting the police dispatch by manually programming every single frequency from each site as conventional. I've been picking up another talkgroup that shows up under the broken arrow site also and it comes up to be a different tgrp no. 2000. I'm not sure if its the fire department or not. when transmissions are coming through it's all encrypted I know its Broken Arrow because the radio id no. is one of the ones that I've picked up while listening in on the PDs tgrp no. 1000. I've also herd police dispatcher traffic over tgrp no. 1007. they are all coming from the Broken arrow site tower in downtown BA. how are these talkgroups not listed under the system table? a friend of mine hes on a local news team told me at their headquarters they were picking up broken arrow fire dispatch. now I'm quite determined. anyone else picking up broken arrow police or fire? someone share some input on this. Thanks.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The ID's have just recently become active (BAPD) https://forums.radioreference.com/o...en-arrow-communications-regional-network.html and is only a matter of time before they become all encrypted. The FD probably will ever be in the clear as most EMS agencies are invoking HIPPA law for total encryption of their traffic. Media that hears encrypted traffic is because the agency involved has supplied the radio/code to them vs. a scanner.

firechaser97

The ID's have just recently become active (BAPD) https://forums.radioreference.com/o...en-arrow-communications-regional-network.html and is only a matter of time before they become all encrypted. The FD probably will ever be in the clear as most EMS agencies are invoking HIPPA law for total encryption of their traffic. Media that hears encrypted traffic is because the agency involved has supplied the radio/code to them vs. a scanner.
The EMS that's understandable but why not just make that channel encrypted like EMSA. I can pick up Owasso EMS. Collinsville EMS. Skiatook EMS, Wagoner EMS just fine. no fire department in the state Oklahoma are encrypted but broken arrow. that link to that forum. that thing is old. they aren't on EDACS no more. they are Harris p25. they have 7 different site towers now, Broken Arrow. Yonkers, Coweta, Bixby, Wagoner, city plex towers and the new Glenpool one they just put up a week ago. what I want to know is where are all these talkgroups listed because if I can pick up the police department that means I've gotten close.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Maybe you should look at that "OLD" thread some more, you might find what your looking for. As for the Id's the only thing missing in the BA ID's is the recently discovered BAPD ID's ( all covered in that "OLD" thread) as they haven't been submitted yet.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The FD probably will ever be in the clear as most EMS agencies are invoking HIPPA law for total encryption of their traffic.

I'm sure this is the excuse given and most probably even believe it but if you read the HIPAA, EMS isn't a covered entity for the purposes of the law and encryption of radio traffic is not required.

That won't end encryption, of course, since most local governments are happy to keep their activities hidden.

firechaser97

Maybe you should look at that "OLD" thread some more, you might find what your looking for. As for the Id's the only thing missing in the BA ID's is the recently discovered BAPD ID's ( all covered in that "OLD" thread) as they haven't been submitted yet.

Nothing on that is relevant. thats a 4 year old forum. They are talking about an old system. under the state of oklahoma's trunking systems. the broken arrow edacs is no longer in use. to prove that, i manually set it up and entered in those sites and the talkgroups that i wanted to hear. Nothing was coming through at all. Edacs talkgroups are set up with numbers and dashes. "00-000" the stuff im picking up. BAPD Tgrp "1000" is P25 phase 1 some transmissions from Tgrp 1007 are phase both phase 1 and 2. I need to do some more study on this. more trial and error. If I'm successful. I'll be the only one with the talkgroups until someone else learns them and makes a submission to the rr database. Itll be great to listen to broken arrow fire like old times.

Attachments

• 20171229_204137.jpg
    20171229_204137.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 118

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I guess its tough that you can't read past the first page of the thread, so uninformed you will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.