KAMO power

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to get this system figured out. From my home, I can get a few of the sites. I just submitted site 13 (Fort Gibson) for the DB.

I've been picking up site 31. I've got it mapped out using my SDR, so the frequencies are not 100%. However, there are no FCC listings for anything close (+/- .1 mhz) of the frequencies.

152.020 CHID 135
152.69375 CHID 138
152.600 CHID 137
152.7500 CHID 139

b1tr41d

I too have been working on this system.
I will be submitting the Bartlesville site as well as some talkgroups this evening when I get off of work.
I think I found a site for Nowata but I need to return to that and figure the rest of the frequencies out.

nd5y

Last edited:

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I forgot about paging band...

All I know is this system is rather large, with possibly 35+ sites. Going to be fun figuring out.

b1tr41d

So I did find this gem while going down the black hole the the FCC licenses for KAMO.

https://nofile.io/f/ypthf0oaktT/attachmentViewRD.pdf

At the bottom is a map of all the sites at the time of this document submission.

Also, am I safe to assume that any frequency can be used in that block?
Example: WQMT888 is showing 000152.10500000-000152.13500000 & 000158.56500000-000158.59500000. So any of those can be talk channels or control channels. Or is there a better way to narrow down the talk channels for each site instead of putting that range into the scanner and listening?

radiobison

Frequencies

Those look like old RCC (Radio Common Carrier) channels - similar to the old VHF paging frequencies. They would have been used in the old SW Bell VHF roamer/mobile telephone system or one of the other private common carrier mobile phone networks (i.e. "SCAT" systems).

Most of those are now considered "EA" (Economic Area) channels. They are auctioned off to entities that can either use them directly or sub-lease them to other users.

The EA channels can be difficult to track down. You may (or may not) find a specific license for a specific frequency. Most of the time they are auctioned off as a block of frequencies as part of an FCC spectrum auction.

Even then, the entity that won the auction may not be the actual user. They can sub-lease those channels back to other users for periods of time.

I used to work for a company that held several EA licenses. We had systems of our own running on some channels but leased many others to different users. So even if you tracked one of the channels back to "Cell Plus Partnership" (slightly modified name from our EA licenses) you still could not track them beyond that entity to the end users.

Worst of all, the EA licenses are valid anywhere in the Economic Area. So there are no specific site licenses - the users can just stick a repeater up anywhere they like without specific individual authorizations (licenses).

So good luck, you may find tracking that stuff down to be quite a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.