OHP lowband usage/activity panhandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just curious if OHP relies on county systems more than their own lowband radio in non OKWIN areas...

Been bumming around the panhandle and northern part of the state and very little activity is heard on lowband (woodward, to the east/west along OK 412) and the such..

b1tr41d

Just curious if OHP relies on county systems more than their own lowband radio in non OKWIN areas...

Been bumming around the panhandle and northern part of the state and very little activity is heard on lowband (woodward, to the east/west along OK 412) and the such..

When I made a trip through the Texas panhandle to almost Amarillo, I was picking them up quite frequently on I-40. That was back in November.

mam1081

Feed Provider
I wasn't that far north, but I heard them on lowband dispatch on Tuesday around Elk City. If they aren't on low-band, I'd bet they use the local county sheriff channels too. Last I was in the OK Panhandle last fall, I didn't notice any 800 Trunked stuff (but there was a bunch of DMR UHF for an electric company!).

b1tr41d

Well that's interesting. New sites for OKWIN?
Last thing I had heard is that the areas without OKWIN coverage, they were going to patch some 800 frequencies with the low band frequencies then patch those to OKWIN. Or some convoluted mess like that. But that was several years ago before the budget crisis.

nd5y

Program these conventional or trunked? Seems like it should be a trunked with 5 freqs allocated to each tower. Do we know if, in fact, they are actually in use?
To begin with they should be programmed as conventional alanog with no tone to see if there is any activity at all. If there is a control channel then program them as trunked system and/or use Unitrunker or PRO96Com to get the data for the database.

I ask about those sites every couple years or so and get crickets. As far as I know they are not used for anything but I never travel there and have not confirmed if they exist or not.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Yea, looks like it’s “planned” to be part of OKWIN, just taking forever to be activated. You know...”Oklahoma Money Problems!”

FB2C is mobile relay, so I don’t know[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.