OHP reaches Asheville

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Just checked my recordings from last night. 44.700 Mhz. 100.000 PL. The dispatcher is sending out a call in reference to a vehicle rollover in Wa****a County. Everything matches KKC882, which is Oklahoma Highway Patrol out of Clinton. Troop H. Very cool, thank you Oklahoma... Nice to hear from you in Asheville North Carolina.

I did not type in the asterisks stars....that's the way it goes I guess, you know which county I am referring to.

Last edited:

AlphaFive

Also landed on 45.2200 at 77.000 PL. It was law enforcement but I was not able to verify a specific location. The PL is telling me this was likely OHP, considering the first Freq. that I verified...

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Just checked my recordings from last night. 44.700 Mhz. 100.000 PL. The dispatcher is sending out a call in reference to a vehicle rollover in Wa****a County. Everything matches KKC882, which is Oklahoma Highway Patrol out of Clinton. Troop H. Very cool, thank you Oklahoma... Nice to hear from you in Asheville North Carolina.

I did not type in the asterisks stars....that's the way it goes I guess, you know which county I am referring to.

I guess we have to refer to it now as Watakeadumpa County.

N5TWB

I guess we have to refer to it now as Watakeadumpa County.

Or spell it Ouachita. Lets see if that gets censored.

Yet we're regularly told how Artificial Intelligence is going to take over the world...Skynet??? Yet much simpler web technology can't figure out the difference between a proper name and a vulgarity. I'm so easily amused...

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber

Is that 100.0 PL correct? Just about all the low band stuff is 77.00.

AlphaFive

100.000 PL

Yeah, it's 100.000 PL, besides the dispatcher referring to WA----A county, it's in R.R. as the 100 PL. On that night I hit Missouri too, just was not able to verify any specific locations for them. Take care out there.

nermel

Slightly off topic, but I've started monitoring 50.313mhz for FT8 activity. Good indicator of when lower frequencies are open.

Is open right now.

AlphaFive

40's and 50's

I haven't been hanging out in the 40 and 50 Mhz. area for a awhile. I think tonight I'll put those back on and see if you Oklahomans(?) are hogging the radio waves again....

Status
Not open for further replies.