Hostage situation in Kitchener - Lackner Keewatin area

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoengel

Listening in right now on a non-patrol channel.

Synopsis: man is holding a woman hostage on a city bus, all others evacuated. Police have cleared the area, negotiators and tactical team on site and use of force has been authorized.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Was surprised to hear the ERU A talkgroup on the Radioreference feed. After somebody posted the link to the Record Facebook page the feed had close to 1000 listeners.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sounds like somebody has violated their TOS agreement.

Pretty irresponsible streaming a talkgroup like that during a hostage incident.

SCPD

QRT
Was surprised to hear the ERU A talkgroup on the Radioreference feed. After somebody posted the link to the Record Facebook page the feed had close to 1000 listeners.

That is sad to hear and hopefully whoever did that can be contacted and reasoned with about the future of the hobby. In Hamilton everything from Works, fire, roads dept, snow plows and police are encrypted and same will be the case for Durham and York region and Waterloo has all new Harris radios in use now and stuff that like may affect the decision from encrypted some to all of the communications when they go P25.

Let's hope no one recorded that audio and it doesn't get into the hands of the media because they will use it and you know what that means.

neoengel

Oh man, I had no idea that channel was being broadcast, was reluctant to specify more than I did.

As much as I love the community service and effort the provider performs, I hope there isn't any direct fall-out as a result. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.