Port hope/Cobourg scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I blew the dust of my old pro-2040 and found my old CB and got an itch.

Hope you'll all not flame me but...... I'm looking for up to date info for the current status of these 2 areas.

I'm going to buy a new unit that will get OPP and local police/fire but all the post I'm reading for my area are from 07 and back?

please anyone with info on current status and a good unit/antenna for my area post away!!

Thanks ans pm if you wish to be private

Also any you local guys ever meet over a cup of coffee anywhere?

danimac67

Cobourg and Port Hope police are encrypted on conventional channels.
I can pick up Cobourg police on fleetnet 800MHz with a bcd396t.
OPP are also on fleetnet so your scanner needs to be digital.

VE3RADIO

Cobourg and Port Hope police are encrypted on conventional channels.
I can pick up Cobourg police on fleetnet 800MHz with a bcd396t.
OPP are also on fleetnet so your scanner needs to be digital.

Cobourg police run a exact duplicate of the encrypted channel on the Coubourg trunked radio system. You do not need digital if you plan on listening to Cobourg Police (obviously you want OPP as well)

001Site-1860.03750860.28750860.53750c860.58750860.78750c

Fire Talkgroups

Jammin_Jay

That is one thing i don't understand about Cobourg city police. Why is it that there VHF repeater is encrypted. But the trunking system is not and is out, even though the signal is simulcast, in the wide open for everyone to hear. That sort of defeats the purpose of encrypting one but not the other, doesn't it. Unless there is something in the works yet to be done.

So digital is the way to go overall I was lookin at the 396 or 996 but I also read about yupiteru that have inversion decoding?? Not sure these would to get the local boys audible?

maybe I'll need 2 differnt units ?

could I use the ramsey ss70 on my old 2040 ?

Anyone point me in the right direction or point me the the most knowledgeable retailer ?

Thanks

Jammin_Jay

One of the repeaters, already uses voice inversion. 142.485 which simulcast the trunking system that is already in place in cobourg. Unless they plan to disband the trunking system all together. You still have this 2 tier system, One in the open, and one with voice inversion transmitting the exact same thing.

fxstdse

Port Hope Police

They have gone from 142.245 encrypted to some other frequency - I did get them up till a couple of months ago - anyone got any ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.