New Ontario RCMP system waking up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
2 sites in the London area have popped up.

SYSID - 39F
WACN - 8D45F
T0101 - 421.0250
T0102 - 421.1750

No activity noted yet, but I wouldn't expect much on a Sunday at this point.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Of course i cant decode this system. Unitrunker dont seem to want to work, T88 same thing. Pro96.. my 396t dont work with it. ARRRGGGGG!!
But i do get the CC since n clear:)

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
I am reading this Forum from rural North Carolina, so bear with me.

Why would RCMP need a radio system in Ontario?
Does RCMP operate in Ontario?
I thought OPP was the Police agency for Ontario.

Am I missing something?
Explain Please.

pathalogical

I could be wrong, but... RCMP is nation wide and in charge of most things Federal, ie, major airports, Parliament Hill, upcoming G20 in June. If put in order, it could be something like 1) RCMP 2) Provincial Police 3) local police. In many rural towns, the RCMP is the local police. Hope this helps, there's probably a better explanation than my reply....

Jammin_Jay

RCMP are throughout Canada in every province.
In Ontario they deal with Federal Issues in this juristiction , such as border smuggling, import/export, and they do assist Ontario provincial police and others with certain cases.

OPP do police Ontario, but if a federal offense is obtained from the OPP in certain cases, they refer it to the RCMP who will investigate or deal with it.

Any provincial offense is with the OPP, or Regional Municipality/County/ District.

RCMP are 'O' Division in Ontario. They have 11 detachments in the province of Ontario.
except Ottawa, which 'a' division. (National Capital Region). Which would be the RCMP headquarters.

It would be the same as your (U.S.) county sherrif = county/regional municipality, State police = provincial police , FBI = RCMP

Also RCMP 'O' Division will be operating on a IP-Based P25 Digital Public Safety Radio System which will be used for the 2010 June summit in Toronto

here is a link to the article...
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...io-Network-Royal-Canadian-Mounted-1099301.htm

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
RCMP are pretty heavily involved with joint forces operations around here as well. You routinely see them making drug busts in conjunction with London Police, OPP etc in this area. LPS also found a major haul of illegal cigarettes a few months back.. that investigation was also turned over to the RCMP. There are many First Nations communities if the far northern reaches of Ontario that are policed by the RCMP as well.

As far as P25 decoding our options are pretty much only Unitrunker (retro or current) and Pro96COM. Fortunately I have a Pro96 and Pro106 so I'm all set :)

I found today that the control channels for T0101 and T0102 are much stronger towards the north end of London. 'O' Division HQ is also in London, I don't know if that has anything to do with sites coming online here first or not.

A nice little blurb about the RCMP in Ontario can be found here: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/on/about-apropos/images/fs-fd-eng.pdf

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Is this system in the database now?

Guess this is something new now that we can search out.

I've heard P25/ENC stuff but just on the Conventional frequencies that's been already listed here.

I found today that the control channels for T0101 and T0102 are much stronger towards the north end of London. 'O' Division HQ is also in London, I don't know if that has anything to do with sites coming online here first or not.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I haven't submitted anything yet.... doing a little logging with Pro96COM to see what I can turn up first. Not sure if these are just test sites or permanent sites either (it seems odd London would have 2 sites in the city, but who knows).

moonbounce

Just wanted to say I just heard an RCMP call the London detachment to say they are going to the radio shop, so for now they are still on the regular system.

Moonbounce

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Forts... the RCMP's radio shop in London is on Wellington Road, just south of the 401. Look for the UHF folded dipole antennas. I'd bet there's a site online there for testing. I'd also say there's a site on the air at the OCC over on Dufferin Street.

Just a theory, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guys, I've split off the Maritimes discussion into it's own separate thread.

Exkalibur and Obihann: you guys are mixing up the two systems.

Obihann has a valid point about regular RCMP policing not needing encryption and he was referring to the Maritimes system.

Unfortunately, since this is an Ontario thread where the policing that the RCMP does is anything but regular, that doesn't apply.

I've been told from a very reliable source that the system will be 100% encrypted when it goes live and Over The Air Rekeying will be added at some point.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Site 4 on 421.3750Mhz in Huntsville and Site 6 422.1000Mhz heard very weakly in Barrie. Possibly north or east of Barrie.

VA3JWO

For someone who has a uniden bcd396XT WITH P25 One Frequ- Trunk, Update us with the data frequs along with the control channels

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Control channel

For someone who has a uniden bcd396XT WITH P25 One Frequ- Trunk, Update us with the data frequs along with the control channels

Last night I was doing some searches and I had my 396t scanner in control channel only and it was stopping on 421.6125 all the time, no audio but LNK and DAT kept flashing on the screen, the strength of the signal was only 1 bar.
Fort Erie Ont.
Steve

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I hear both Digital/ENC on that frequency out in my neck of the woods.

I suspect that would be a control channel in your region then if that's what you're seeing then.

Last night I was doing some searches and I had my 396t scanner in control channel only and it was stopping on 421.6125 all the time, no audio but LNK and DAT kept flashing on the screen, the strength of the signal was only 1 bar.
Fort Erie Ont.
Steve

mclove

Premium Subscriber
Rcmp p25

Here in hamilton i pic up trunk data on 421.500 sid.id 036fh-124 p25 trunk it said no ids yet but i soon i hope?

mciupa

Database Admin
Today I am picking up from Toronto quite strongly

T: 109 = 422.8375
T: 111 = 421.6000 (not in database)
T: 118 = 421.5000

mciupa

Database Admin
Along with the above, I am also picking up in Toronto

T: 110 = 421.0500
T: 117 = 421.1625

both not in database

Only receiving control channels , no voice channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.