EMS Unit Numbers Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Havnt been listning to EMS in the last few months.. and started to again today and noticed all the units that use to be a 12XX combo are now 10XX
Not sure if the new trucks london ems have gotten are due to this.. or perhaps they changed the numbing so they can fit more units in a zone or what?

Anyone know what the deal is what that?

So fat iv herd London, Woodstock,St.Thomas and a chatham-kent unit that were all 12XX that are now 10XX

VE3JSO

In Lambton I heard some new unit numbers that I have not noticed before but the are pretty much the same here

gfdfortynine

I notice number changes here in Eastern Ontario also.
Used to be you would have a 41xx which meant it was a single patient bus, 42xx was a 2 and 43xx was a supervisor. Now they have 45xx units so not sure what the numbering system means any more.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
0 = Single Stretcher
1 = Single Stretcher
2 = Double Stretcher
3 = Administration/Support/Supervisor
4 = Single Stretcher Regional Spare
5 = Double Stretcher Regional Spare

Muxlow

Super Secret
There are a couple first response trucks in Huron county (my friends dad is one) and his unit number is always a 15xx number and him and another guy both drive tahoes

fire4117

0 = Single Stretcher
1 = Single Stretcher
2 = Double Stretcher
3 = Administration/Support/Supervisor
4 = Single Stretcher Regional Spare
5 = Double Stretcher Regional Spare

Simcoe County has recently (in the past year) switched over to new unit #'s as well.
35xx, (a lot of them in the barrie area) and are used all the time. So it looks as though that numbering system needs a bit of a tweak.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've seen several rigs in Emerg at University Hospital in London over the past week or so with 10xx unit numbers. Not sure what the reason for the change is....

rv55

M-L Ems apparently doesn't run 2 stretcher units anymore, hence moving form 12xx to 10xx. The xx number carries over the prefix just changes.

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
The ERU (Emergency Response Unit) in Blenheim is 1350 so the "Administration/Support/Supervisor" category could also include "zero stretcher" units.

CK EMS must be moving to all single stretcher cars as well. There are only one or two 12XX units left here.

KevMuskoka

I'm not sure the exact numbering system, but I'm pretty sure it's all gone out the window as far as identifying single stretchers, double stretchers, etc. There are no more "regional spares" either.

I think the best you can do is say x3xx and x6xx are typically "non transport" units, supervisors or first response medics. That's what I've been able to find at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.