Fire Priority Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

papillon

I think the following is true for most of SW Ontario. Can anyone fill in the blanks or correct these ?
Thanks
Tim

Priority 1 -
Priority 2 - Slow down, non critical
Priority 3 - Return to base or false alarm
Priority 4 -

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Opposite for London.

Code 1 - In service & available
Code 2 - In service & available, but out of their district
Code 3 - Urgent call, but not lights and sirens
Code 4 - Lights & sirens emergency call
Code 5 - Out of service

papillon

Yes opposite. Actually seems to be more logical since it resembles the MOH codes.
Tnx

bwjmackie

For Waterloo Region, I don't believe any such codes are used; just plain English.

Cambridge Fire tends to use "respond" and "proceed" in a manner consistent with "lights and siren" and "no lights and siren" respectively, but that's about it.

papillon

In Windsor - Essex it's different. Priority 3 is definitely "False Alarm , Return to Base"
OK Thanks .

VE3JSO

and that goes the same with the lambton as well go something like forest station respond to 402 for car fire or something along that line

papillon

I think the following is true for most of SW Ontario. Can anyone fill in the blanks or correct these ?

Obviously, that's wrong and I received some incorrect information. The codes vary across SW Ontario. .
Some use codes that resemble the MOH , some don't use codes at all and Windsor uses a different system altogether. Based on a call I heard last night, this is how it is here. P1 is the actual initial dispatch which assumes the worst until someone on scene updates.
P2 - slow down / take report
P3 - Return to station.

Will have to pay more attention to Fire calls. Thanks to all that responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.