My Review of the DPD Traintenna....

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Earlier today, I received my DPD productions "Traintenna" As expected, the fit and finish was impressive and as always he uses quality N connectors. I mounted the antenna on my balcony temporarily as it is still too cold to go up to the roof!

I am in the Bloor and Fieldgate area in Mississauga and my test subject is the HotBox detector at mile 7.4 on the Galt Subdivision (CP) This is located right at the humber river bridge. Typically these hotbox detectors put out very low wattage, and even listening to them on the train itself is very poor.

Now, I am hearing the hotbox as if I was standing right over it! RTC is coming in loud and clear and I was able to follow the GO train clear out to Milton where it parks for the evening.

Two thumbs up!

Jason

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I got the Vertical Outdoor model. It will best suit my needs as I will be mounting it on the roof of my apartment once it warms up, beside my VHF air and ADS-B antenna.

Since I want more of a 360 degree coverage, it was my best option.

Cheers,

pathalogical

That sounds great ! I've been eyeing their vhf air antenna for a while, the indoor Blade version. I get 2-4 bars with stock ducky, sounds like the blade will work well for me...maybe even their vehicle mag mount too !

Are you using an adaptor from N to BNC ?

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
That sounds great ! I've been eyeing their vhf air antenna for a while, the indoor Blade version. I get 2-4 bars with stock ducky, sounds like the blade will work well for me...maybe even their vehicle mag mount too !

Are you using an adaptor from N to BNC ?

Yes, I am using the adaptor to BNC. I have the vertical outdoor VHF air antenna, and there is not one frequency that does not come in crystal clear from YYZ for me. Being up high and close to the airport helps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.