Halton Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

orzeljo609

Premium Subscriber
Hey Everyone,

Anyone have any luck listening to the Halton PS system? I've tried programming it every way I can think of on every scanner I own and cant seem to get a signal on anything even in the middle of the city ? Are they still using this new system or have they reverted back to the old EDCAS ? If anyone could steer me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers,

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What type of scanners are you trying to use for Halton? Also, I think that is a simulcast/CQPSK system which tend to give scanners fits.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Its a P25 system, newer scanners are able to follow it, I dont know if the earlier Unidens (I.E. the 396T) can follow it.

Its as clear as a bell here, perhaps you are in a place that has poor reception? I think there is a tower at Guelph and Lakeshore and another at Rattlesnake point with others in Milton and H.Hills.

First enter in the control channels to see if you are able to "hear" them, a distinctive grinding sound is easy to hear.

derevs

The original question is "Halton PS".

Police services are now encrypted and cannot be monitored.

orzeljo609

Premium Subscriber
I think I solved the problem ... I used the HomePatrol file settings. It doesnt seem to work for my on the homepatrol of when I upload it to my 396 or 996. When I enter them manually into the 996 it works no problem.

Thanks guys

Muxlow

Super Secret
When i was in the area monday i was getting Burlington transit channel 1 and a few fire channels.
None encrypted. But the few police channels that were very busy were enc

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Burlington Transit is also on there. Just wondering if anyone can tell me about just what system Oakville Transit might be on, as well as Mississauga Transit?

Mississauga is in Peel Region and on Peel's system.

Not only is transit and fire ITC on Halton but bylaw and works also.

SCPD

QRT
Burlington Transit is also on there. Just wondering if anyone can tell me about just what system Oakville Transit might be on, as well as Mississauga Transit?

Last I heard Oakville transit was on the old EDACS system on the Oakville tower, they have not popped up on the new P25 system. Mississauga transit is on the Peel region trunk systems with talkgroups for voice and data.

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Well at least George can plug it ok because i can't I have a PSR 800 with the lastest database update

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since it appears that the system is still operational, I've set it back to normal display. It should show up the next time you update your scanner.

Oakville Transit, the Conservation Authority and a handful of miscellaneous groups are now scannable. I'll deprecate them if and when people can confirm they've moved to the new system.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Thanks mike apreciate it

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I dont hear any actvity on the system, no control channels for Burlinton and Oakville. I dont think its active anymore, I will play around with it but I never had a problem receiving both the Oakville and Burlington towers from my apartment. If I move my scanner to a room facing Oakvill and I hear a CC I wil let you know. I heard some digital noise on 862.0125, LCN #4 on Burlington.

When the new system was coming on line last year I heard Oakville ByLaw on it for a few days the nothing. I dont monitor the Conservation channels (as boring as transit)

Is anyone running Uni Trunker on it off Oakville?

Status
Not open for further replies.