Brantford P25 system comes alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
The new City of Brantford P25 system has seem to come alive in the past week. Running unitrunker on Control Channel 860.8125, but so far no activity .A quick check on Industry Canada website confirms the licencee to be the Brantford City FD. I will submit frequencies to the database.

Cheers
Andy

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks for the info! I've created a new system and added it to the database:

Brantford Public Safety (P25) Trunking System, Brantford, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Please submit any more info as it comes along. Hopefully it won't be all encrypted, but I'm not holding my breath...

Other than the fact that the upgrade was awarded to Harris, there doesn't seem to be any real details out there regarding the requirements of the new system. The overview of the proposed upgrade can be found here:

http://www.brantford.ca/PDFS/4.1.1 Joint Police - Fire Two-Way Radio Project PHSSS2011-12.pdf

and a news article mentioned that the new system was to be online by June 2013...

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Matt; how is the signal out your way, I can monitor the EDACS system most of the time here in Aldershot.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was in Woodstock today and couldn't hear the P25 control channel at all... I was able to pull in the EDACS system though (but not very well...)

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Even here in Brantford, the signal is only about 60%. I have noticed that microwave relay type towers have been put up at the Main Fire hall and at the Police station. Each have an antenna pointed to each other and each have one pointed to the main site on the Brantford water tower near the 403.

Andy

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Matt; how is the signal out your way, I can monitor the EDACS system most of the time here in Aldershot.

The signal is not as strong as the EDACS system. On the stock antenna I noticed coming up the mountain from Hamilton I usually start hearing the CC around either the Linc exit or the Highway 6 South exit. I haven't tried running Unitrunker on it yet but I might do that tonight.

Matt

SCPD

QRT
Test tones

Hearing test tone audio in P25 clear on Brantford P25 talkgroup 1001 around 1:45pm.

mciupa

Database Admin
Added the two talkgroups listed in this discussion. The next db upload should show them for the HomePatrol and PSR-800.

And, I also wanted to see if everything is okay with the Ontario forum. I can't remember no forum postings here for a whole week since I joined in '02.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Added the two talkgroups listed in this discussion. The next db upload should show them for the HomePatrol and PSR-800.

And, I also wanted to see if everything is okay with the Ontario forum. I can't remember no forum postings here for a whole week since I joined in '02.

I am not surprised at all by a lack of activity and less submissions.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Brantford P25 system comes alive

P25 clear testing on talkgroup 503 around noon today.

Control channel has now changed to 866.8125. I will submit the change.
Also notice in the database for this system that another channel has been added to the system. Unitrunker is still showing the original 5 channels.

Cheers
Andy

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was getting some good skip down my way early this morning and was pulling in this control channel 5/5. I assumed it was something from Michigan.. was surprised when I saw Brantford's WACN.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Control channel has now changed to 866.8125. I will submit the change.
Also notice in the database for this system that another channel has been added to the system. Unitrunker is still showing the original 5 channels.

Cheers
Andy

So there is a frequency listed that shouldn't be? Let me know which one and I'll remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.