Bidding on new radio's NIAGARA Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Found this Bidding on the Fort Erie Ont. Site[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TO SUPPLY MOTOROLA MINITOR V PAGERS, MOTOTRBO XPR63500 AND MOTOROLA PR-1500 PORTABLE RADIOS TO VARIOUS PARTICIPATING FIRE DEPARTMENTS WITHIN THE NIAGARA REGION[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]CLOSING DATE & TIME: JUNE 27, 2013 AT 02:00 p.m. local time[/FONT]
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wonder if they are looking at going TRBO at some point or just using them as an analog radio (many FD' around here are carrying XPR portables but are purely analog). On a somewhat related note I was thinking the other day I remember hearing that Tillsonburg FD was going MotoTRBO. Got digging around on the net and it looks like that's the plan sometime in 2014.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Analog or TRBO

Wonder if they are looking at going TRBO at some point or just using them as an analog radio (many FD' around here are carrying XPR portables but are purely analog). On a somewhat related note I was thinking the other day I remember hearing that Tillsonburg FD was going MotoTRBO. Got digging around on the net and it looks like that's the plan sometime in 2014.

Yea, I was surprised to see them bidding on new communications /radio/pager's, I know so many people in the Fire departments in this area and no one has been talking about this BID. I am keeping my fingers crossed that when Uniden comes out with there new radios this year or the next year (I hope) they will be able to license some of these other communications systems, Times are changing and it seems were getting left behind in this hobby as far as being able to listen to these systems. I know Uniden can't do anything about Encrypted systems, that's understandable but there are other systems I hope soon scanner radio's will be capable of listening too.
Steve

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Didn't NFFD just put in an all new P25 system last year? And with a new Regional common channel for all the,smaller depts in the Niagara region. Would this be for all the smaller FD's beside The Falls and St.Caths? I know that both the Falls & St.Caths just finished installing all new consoles in each of their dispatch ctrs... Would these new existing consoles be compatable with a MotoTRBO system?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
P25 System

Didn't NFFD just put in an all new P25 system last year? And with a new Regional common channel for all the,smaller depts in the Niagara region. Would this be for all the smaller FD's beside The Falls and St.Caths? I know that both the Falls & St.Caths just finished installing all new consoles in each of their dispatch ctrs... Would these new existing consoles be compatable with a MotoTRBO system?

Yes your correct, Niagara falls just went p25 last year, I know Fort Erie also a couple of years ago put up an new tower and activated several new analog frequencies for there fire system, I can't answer your other questions, I don't know enough about these radio's and exactly how this system really works, if they are going to TRBO capable radios I was not aware they could run them in analog mode, I would think if they are going to spend money on these kinds of radios then why not run them in trbo mode, but I have not heard what fire departments are going to change to these radios as of yet.
Steve

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Yes your correct, Niagara falls just went p25 last year, I know Fort Erie also a couple of years ago put up an new tower and activated several new analog frequencies for there fire system, I can't answer your other questions, I don't know enough about these radio's and exactly how this system really works, if they are going to TRBO capable radios I was not aware they could run them in analog mode, I would think if they are going to spend money on these kinds of radios then why not run them in trbo mode, but I have not heard what fire departments are going to change to these radios as of yet.
Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve....

I personally would doubt very much if the FALLS would change over to a new system or purchase any new radios this soon after putting the P25 system in, they just spent a small fortune on outfitting the whole dept with new mobiles .. walkie talkies & pagers. I just emailed a buddy of mine who is on the job with NFFD ( he's also on the union board) and he is not aware of any proposed changes to NFFD's radio system or them changing any radios. he will update me next tuesday after he double checks.

Kirk

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Changes

Thanks for the reply Steve....

I personally would doubt very much if the FALLS would change over to a new system or purchase any new radios this soon after putting the P25 system in, they just spent a small fortune on outfitting the whole dept with new mobiles .. walkie talkies & pagers. I just emailed a buddy of mine who is on the job with NFFD ( he's also on the union board) and he is not aware of any proposed changes to NFFD's radio system or them changing any radios. he will update me next tuesday after he double checks.

Kirk

I would think that goes for Fort Erie Ontario too, as they spent a lot of money on a new tower and radios a little while ago, I will also talk to some of the people in Fort Erie and see if there is any kind of list of fire departments that may be interested in this change.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.