Good Skip Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
So tonight like last night has been great for pulling in alot of systems.

Tonight im getting a bunch of P25, Motorola and EDACS systems from Ohio
Windsor P25
3 of the 4 P25 sites in london

Last night was only able to grab Ohio stuff

mbstone99

So tonight like last night has been great for pulling in alot of systems.

Tonight im getting a bunch of P25, Motorola and EDACS systems from Ohio
Windsor P25
3 of the 4 P25 sites in london

Last night was only able to grab Ohio stuff

It is definitely a good night for skip. I am hearing the RCMP trunk (Site 2) from London and the Spectrum Communications Trunk from St Thomas. Curses to having to go to work tomorrow morning or I would stay up most of the night and see what else is out there. Why couldn't this happen on the weekend. LOL.

Matt

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Actually, I think you encountered ducting. Temperature inversions or weather fronts -- both with airmass temperature differences -- will produce the effect. The change of seasons usually produces the most events. I would expect the temperature differences between the Great Lakes' water temperature and the air above accounts for propagation across.

Before cable, when I had a big Wineguard TV on the roof, here in central NJ to see stations from Boston to the Carolinas. The temperature difference of the Atlantic Ocean and the air did the trick.

HTH.

papillon

Tracking lots of distant towers here in Windsor from as far away as Ipperwash (27) , London (18) & Pt Stanley (10) all tracking on a 396T (with outside vertical) Wardsville tower actually stronger than Wallaceburg or Sarnia here. Trop. Ducting definitely.

DaveH

Early this morning on 850MHz I was able to hear the CC for Clinton Cty. NY
Moto Type II system 3A34, on 852.3625, which is rare from Ottawa.

Also two CC's for the RSP system around Montreal were heard on 866.3125 and
866.0625; and Montreal Transit EDACS system CC on 860.0875 was in there.

Dave

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Right now, I'm getting great East-West reception.

I thought I'd play with my tapped Pro-2032 and Unitrunker. I'll pick a random CC, in this case 142.620 and Site 14 Demorestville came up.That's 200 km's east of me near Picton.

Just checked back to see call history and it is fluctuating between City of Guelph and Demorestville in two separate windows. The encrypted Coordinated Enforcement Team TG 288 is showing activity on Guelph and 2OPS32 Napanee is logging lots of activity in Demorestville. :cool:

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Pulling in Apsley now from Zone 2. And moving on, Brantford is coming in quite strong.

I'm using a ST-2 Scantenna about 30' high although tonight I'd bet even a limp spaghetti noodle would pick something up. :D

Last edited:

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SCH-I535 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

We're picking up Athens County Ohio here in western Indiana on our EMS repeater input. 261 miles straight line distance.

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
At 0500 this morning from north of Trenton ON I was picking up Cleveland Ohio NOAA weather on 162.400
Woodstock Niagara Cayuga towers were full strength and all this on my psr500 with stock duck antenna
Also heard some control channels on 800 MHz from Halton peel Hamilton and what I suspect was the Michigan state 800 MHz trunk system

bigcam406

I tried listening to WNY(Erie County) last night for approx. 30 mins,didnt hear a thing.usually I can pick up EC sherriff,but not last night.i also found that Toronto PS was full of static more than usual.must of been something in the air last night.......

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
At 0500 this morning from north of Trenton ON I was picking up Cleveland Ohio NOAA weather on 162.400
Woodstock Niagara Cayuga towers were full strength and all this on my psr500 with stock duck antenna
Also heard some control channels on 800 MHz from Halton peel Hamilton and what I suspect was the Michigan state 800 MHz trunk system

Wow, were you on the top of the oak hills area?

navaidstech

Yeah....the NOAA station was so strong that it wiped out the CN Tower transmission completely here in West Mississauga.. I think that transmitter is actually in Erie, PA (KEC58) but still not bad.

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
I just looked up khb97 on the 162.400 freq.and although it is from the Cleveland weather office the transmitter is actually in Bellevue Ohio which is closer to toledo. That's even better DX than first thought.
I picked all this up in a spot between Frankford and Stirling ON along the Trent river.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Another good night tonight. Looks like it's good north/south this time. Not pulling in Peterborough or Apsley etc.. or anything west either.

On the left side of my screen I have Unitrunker decoding Zone 2 Site 33 Moon River and then it gets interrupted with Niagara Regional Police - St. Catharines where I have DSD 1.6 spitting out P25 data on the right side. :cool:

Also CFB Borden's CC is chugging away quite strong, noticed that on DSD as well.

Edit: I'm in Toronto

Last edited:

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
At 5:30 AM this morning I was pulling in the State College NWS WX Office in Pennsylvania.

2 bars, on my workman antenna in the car.!! Not too bad.

On my 130 Feet up antenna right now, at 8:20PM I am getting a full 5 bars....

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.