LaSalle Police Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco836

LaSalle Police appear to have switched to digital. Officers are now carrying new Kenwood Portables. Any one have any info about the new system? P25 or NXDN? Enc or not?

Fire appears to be unchanged.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Havent heard anything of being switched, other then the new place they are moving into. It could be possible they are on the windsor public safety system now. Or they could have the same freq as they use now, just may be digital.

bosco836

Havent heard anything of being switched, other then the new place they are moving into. It could be possible they are on the windsor public safety system now. Or they could have the same freq as they use now, just may be digital.

They're on the same freq and it is digital. Just not sure if P25 or NXDN (portables and mobiles all kenwood). Also not sure on enc status.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Do you run any programs like unitrunker or anything?
Can always load up DSD and park the scanner on their voice channel and when you hear the digital sound DSD will tell you what it is, P25, TRBO, NXDN n so on

bosco836

Do you run any programs like unitrunker or anything?
Can always load up DSD and park the scanner on their voice channel and when you hear the digital sound DSD will tell you what it is, P25, TRBO, NXDN n so on

No unitrunker here unfortuantly, but thanks for the suggestion.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If they are Kenwood then it's a very likely they are using NXDN. As Muxlow suggested it would need to be confirmed via software or just by listening to the trasmissions on an analog radio (NXDN and P25 digital transmissions sound completely different).

papillon

Ah crap! Wanted to make sure you got credit for this Andy. What I should have posted was
LA P.D on 142.875 is NXDN / 9600 baud / encrypted according to VE3EXT & C.Pitre quoting the Slicer_Wizard. Also figured anyone around here interested in Lasalle would know the local slang "LA".

slicerwizard

Credit for what?

All I wrote was "Unless it's encrypted, they can still listen in. It's a bit early to bring out the pitchforks."

You might want to re-read that thread.

papillon

Since ve3 ext wrote "Andrew listening right now--definitely encrypted !!! "
then 3 msgs later ve3 ctp wrote " Lasalle PD...NXDN 9600 "... it would be hard not to jump to that conclusion. When ve3 ctp transferred that info to this board he left out the 00 part.I was trying to clarify that.
So to be clear- the info I repeated came from the 2 guys mentioned above who I thought were quoting Andy. So. Can you guys tell us where this info came from if not Andy? And, more importantly, - does anyone have any ACCURATE information on what Lasalle PD is using?

slicerwizard

I would imagine they fed the PD channel into DSD and got "NXDN96" out, but no clear voice traffic. So a 12.5 kHz channel with a half rate voice codec, possibly encrypted, plus data capability (AVL, etc.) which they may or may not be using.

IIRC, NXDN only supports toy encryption, so they have the ability to shut out most of the scanner listener types, but not the real bad guys.

ve3zo

I guess 96 was not understood to be 9600.

And it is " in the clear " even though it is NXDN...

Before I post anything here, I like to confirm that what I am posting is not the wrong information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.