Ambulance Code Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

canoman1

I have heard the following a few times in the last week. I haven't heard it before.

An ambulance calling 10-2000 AC then the dispatcher lifting the 10-3

just wondering.

SCPD

QRT
10-2000 means that the police are needed right away, in most cases this is an accidental trigger of the emergency button on the portable radio,

so the dispatcher thinks they need the police.....

A 10-3 means all units should stop transmitting except for the unit(s)
on the call this is also used by the police when there is a very dangerous situation (eg: person with a gun) so the dispatcher will put out a 10-3 so that the only except for the unit(s)on the call can transmit (unless another unit has an urgent message) so they the channel can be clear in case something goes wrong...

canoman1

that makes sense. they likely triggered it by accident, as I don't hear any police being dispatched or anything else other than the dispatcher declaring a 10-3, then asking the unit something and then the unit responding 10-2000 AC. and the dispatcher lifting the 10-3

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Happens very often on Fleetnet, More so with EMS services.

SCPD

QRT
I apologize canoman that didn't make a lot of sense of what I said but hope you get the jist of it...

69stiles

It is heard frequently because each crew needs to test it once per shift. Usually done at same time as a mobile & portable radio check

HCPSFeed

Well I certainly can't comment on every CACC in the province, testing at every shift change would be very cumbersome. There are six separate emergency buttons that would need to be tested for each crew/ambulance. Here in eastern Ontario we do alarm testing once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpsmicro

Ottawa never tests the 10-2000 buttons, at least not deliberately. :)

Kingston CACC does, but on a rotating basis. Usually it seems they like to do them on Sunday mornings.

OPP has a different protocol. In the case of an accidental "10-78", they need to either be seen in person by a fellow officer, or they have to phone the comm center on a landline (can't even use their cell for that).

Brad.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Ottawa never tests the 10-2000 buttons, at least not deliberately. :)

Kingston CACC does, but on a rotating basis. Usually it seems they like to do them on Sunday mornings.

OPP has a different protocol. In the case of an accidental "10-78", they need to either be seen in person by a fellow officer, or they have to phone the comm center on a landline (can't even use their cell for that).

Brad.

Mississauga or Hamilton Simcoe did it today, wasnt really paying attention but they went thru all the EMS units that were in service.

Good way to score radio Id's.

E

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
It's rather funny they test them at all. If the radio can transmit, the emergency button will work. There's really no difference, technically speaking, between a PTT request and an emergency activation aside from the content of the data.

HCPSFeed

Correct from a software point of view, but the orange emergency buttons are still mechanical switches that are subject to failure. Frankly, I would rather find out it doesn't work during a test rather than when I really need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.