Ontario Freq DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

meplat

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I haven't been around this board for a few years and was wondering about OPP radio traffic. Are they encrypted yet? I just ordered a Uniden HP from HRO ($399!) and was wondering what I'd be able to hear. I'm close to Barrie if that means anything.

meplat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'll have to re-subscribe to the DB once the radio arrives. It will be nice not having to program individual freqs into the rig. All the best.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yep OPP is still a go. Iv had 3 HP's still have 2 with the advanced stuff in it.
Should be able to get Barrie police there too. The HP is super simple to use, i like the nice screen and display on er. Not the best "portable" to just take on the go with you however

meplat

Premium Subscriber
Simplicity was the reason I ordered it. :)

I was going to order some antennas from HRO when I saw an ad for the HP for $399. Except for used, that's the cheapest I've seen it. At any rate, after I ordered the radio, I was searching for and reading more in depth reviews and they all mentioned RR as having the DB. That was convenient.

I'll have to make do with the antennas I've got for now. The only exception is a new wire OCF for my HF rig from a fellow in Cornwall. I couldn't make it for the price he wanted.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.